Pictures as of August 2005:
I have a tach, oil, water, and voltmeter gauge in the car so I don't have to rely on the lights in the dash.
The pics as of May 30th, 2006:
I noticed a musty smell in the car a few months ago and observed dampness on the driver's side portion of the carpet, so I removed the carpet and jute padding as well as with the old tar-based sound deadeners. Upon removal, lo and behold, I found rust and rot under the carpet and deadeners. Well, I first started with the drain plugs in the floor and found no leaks. Next, I sprayed water around the base of the windshield and still found no leaks. Finally, I removed the screen which covers the valley under the windshield (where the windshield wiper housing is located) and sprayed some water in it to find my leak. I sprayed some rubberized undercoating on it and stopped that leak. Then, I moved onto the obvious... the 1/2 inch hole in the firewall (the one I drilled for the gauges and wiring), so I used a rubber stop in it and siliconed the edges. I tested for leaks and no more were present! Now my first step will be using some rust converter where the surface rust formed then perhaps have the pan primed... I'm ready whenever I get funds someday to install sound deadening, carpet, and some other minor interior accessories should I decide to do so.
The new seat rips.
The aftermath of the leak can be seen in the above picture...