Nothing big here, just a splash of braided line to improve the aesthetics. That and the yellow highlights on the plate on the plenum chamber and the spark plug covers makes mine look a little different to other XR8's
Unichip now fitted, conservative tune until helix block and custom air intake are fitted.
Result= now 222rwkw or 298rwhp
Helix block (blue spacer at throttle body) now fitted. Now waiting for the custom intake and final tune before another dyno run proves increased power. Definate improvement with the helix block, a lot more midrange urge and the helix block sounds like a turbo at throttle opening.
Phase 1 mods now done, this is the motor now. Electronic shift kit also fitted, increases line pressure and speeds shift.If I am being heavy on the throttle now, I have to turn traction control off as it breaks traction during gear changes. With traction control on, the fun police cuts the engine power and it is party over.
New 4" K&N pod filter.
The complete custom air intake with chromed pipe.
Latest Dyno = 317rwhp/236rwkw
On road feel, lot more pick up across the rev range with the greatest gains in the low to mid range revs. Fun factor, a lot better.
Run at drags after phase 1 of the mods, bit better but I think there is more in it. I will give it another run soon and see if I can get better.
Gecko ready for work at Willowbank Raceway.
The result, a new best time and I think the limit of what the crappy tires on the back can do. It was a delicate balance between grip and wheel spin.
This is how it looks after I removed the badges, mud spats and weathershield, I think it looks a lot cleaner.
Mark 1 of the air box that I made was a bit small in capacity so here is mark 2. Now has a larger capacity and is painted in aluminium which should not absorb heat like the black did.
These are with the lid off!
Here it is complete, lid on and a friend sitting on top.