Log In | Join Now
Home > Jeep > CJ7 > 1984 > vorteclockedcj7's Jeep CJ7
Want to become a Fan?
Login or Register
Login to Message
View the Ride
Forward to a Friend
Updated on May 06, 2012
My RigRater Score:754RRv1.0 with a BOA of 27.96
Made it through with out winching or breakage!
This is my 1984 jeep cj7 that ive had for 6 years. I got it when i was 17, it started out as a completely stock jeep with a 4cyl and a 4 speed, I then found a wrecked cj7 with a inline 6 for $500 bucks, swaped over the motor and trans wich was a T-5 5 speed, and on my 18th birthday I used my B-day money for 4:10 gears and a front detroit locker, soon after followed a 4 inch pro comp lift and 33 inch bfg mudders. Then about 40,000 miles later the inline 6 started to get weak and started blowing oil thru the air cleaner. So it was either rebuild it or swap it . Luckily I came across a 98 vortec v6 from a S10 with 20,000 miles that had been totaled but the motor was still good! I got the motor with everything (computer and wiring harness) for only $400 dollars! I got all my adapters from advanced adapters and a custom wiring harness from centech. the swap took me about a year to do going to school and all, and while it was under construction i sold the Pro comp lift and got YJ Currie 4 inch springs with 2 add a leafs that gave it 6 inches of lift and added a one inch body lift from Daystar, Teraflex front shackles and Fox shox with resivoirs. I then sold my Axles with the 4:10's and front detroit to a friend for his jeep, and built up a new set with 4:88's and front and rear detroit locker. The front end is a dana 30 and the rear is a custom big tube model 20 with a truss and 1 piece axles, i put on 37-12.50-15 Good year MTRs on 15x10 eagle alloys.
I got my rear dana 60 in finally with rear disc brakes, installed a traction bar got the front half of my cage done, wired up my a/c compressor for on board air.
Just recently shortend and built my front chevy kingpin dana 60
Cut down the long side 4 inches had the inner shaft cut down and re splined by currie, stuffed it with 4:88's and a detroit,The 5 lug kit i got from extreme axle and gear, the highsteer arms are from sky manufacturing, the draglink and tierod i made from 1.5 inch by .250 wall dom and welded 7/8 18 bungs on the ends and used chevy 1 ton tierod ends!! 2005 Vortec 5.3l V8 will be going in soon....
* Chevy 4.3L Vortec V6 with fast chip chipped computer,electric fan, custom intake, and 2 1/2 inch pipe to flowmaster 2 chamber exhaust.
* Custom spring over axle lift with Rubicon Express 1.5 inch YJ leaf springs and custom shakels and Hangers,More 1 inch body lift
* Poison spyder rocker guards and rear corner Guards
* Fox shoxs with reserviors, 12 inch stroke front, 10 inch stroke rear
* Rubicon Express 28 inch Brakelines F/R
* Custom Dana 60 front with 4:88 gears Detroit Locker,35 spline inners and 30 spline outer axles, Warn hubs, 5 lug conversion from extreme axle and gear, sky manf. hysteer arms, Custom 1.5 x 250 wall dom tie rod and drag link
* More heavy duty steering gearbox mount and Currie gearbox brace
*Dana 60 rear, Currie 1541 alloy 35 spline axles,dana spicer 4:88 gears/ Detoit Locker cadillac eldorado rear disc brake calipers with 4 wheel disc prop valve from stainless steel brakes, and a M.O.R.E traction Bar
* SM465 tranny with Granny low (6:56:1 first gear) Matted to stock Dana 300 transfer case with Advanced Adapters kit (overall crawl ratio 85:1)
* South Bay custom driveshafts F/R
* Custom 4xdoctor crossmember skid plate
* Mile Marker 12,000lb Winch W/roller fairlead
* Currie shorty front bumber
* Custom front Cage made off of a YJ rear Roll Cage
* 22 gallon gas tank with 4xdoctor skid
* Hella H4 headlights with hyper white bulbs
* 61 LED Brake lights, 55 watt rocker mounted lights
* Pro Comp Winshield mounted 100 watt off road lights
* Grant steering wheel
* Optima red top gell cell battery
* Tuffy stereo center counsel lockbox
* 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/S on 15x10 Eagle Alloy
* Custom switch pannel for fan, rock lights and On board air
* Page 1 Intro
* Page 2 More Pics, New parts, Daily Driver
Displaying entries 1-5 of 52
FLIP A PLATE
5★ See our LICENSE FLIP HIDE KIT (car/bike) ★★ 007LicensePlate.com
This thing has come quite a ways in the last year. Looking good!
That is one very nice ride you have their. Please take a second and look at our 1984 CJ-7, We Call B.O. "Blue Ox" It was hand built with help from Randy's Off Road Connection in Marysville, WA. Clean this thing up and you will win trophies at the local truck show. The front and rear axles were built by CURRIE ENTERPRISES. They both are 6 LUG DANA 44's w/ 11" brake kit and 4:56 gears. The Jeep also has Curries heavy duty rock crawler tie rods, drag links and steering box brace kit. The rear axle has the DETROIT LOCKER and the front has ARB AIR LOCKER. It was lifted 6 inches with Curries rock crawler springs that are connected to the frame with welded Currie spring hangers. �NO LOW HANGING SHACKLES HERE" We get the power to them thru curries balanced custom rock crawler CV drive shafts. It rolls on Mickey Thomson rims W/ 35" SUPER SWAMPER SSR's. I also had them sipped for more wet weather/ winter traction. I keep her riding smooth with RANCHO RS9000 shocks. If it gets stuck I can pull her out with the Warn HS9500I winch. The paint is glacier blue with black interior Water proof bucket seats and full custom roll cage.
Hadn't checked your rig out in awhile. Looking good! I'll keep an eye out for you in the desert. I done alot of updates to my CJ since you last checked it out. Let me know what you think. Keep up the good work
Damn, your jeep is really nice. I admire your dedication to your project, 5 stars all the way!
Show Older Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment
Copyright © 1998-2013
CarDomain Network, Inc (a Source Interlink Media LLC Company). All rights reserved.
Part of the SIM Automotive Digital Network.
No, please link my existing CarDomain.com account with
for quick, secure access.
Forgot your password?
Yes! I would like to create a CarDomain.com account with my