Here is our engine page! We've since had the block cleaned, bored, honed, and decked. We also had the valve guides on the heads milled down to accept the new valve seals. All of that cost about 200 bucks, and the guy does excellent work! Hope you like it. Also got some valves for Christmas, so we'll be able to assemble the heads. Next thing is head gaskets, then an oil pump , and a water pump.
Here are a few pictures of the motor after we started to tear it down. I kinda sat there for a while, but now we're makin' some progress!
After we got it back from cleaning:
Here is the block (sorry about the crappy quality)
Well, we ordered about $1,990 worth of engine parts yesterday, and it looks like we're gonna order another $500 today. Hopefully our motor will be built by the end of November! I'm excited!
All the stuff we ordered.
Hooker Super Comp Headers w/ 3" collectors
Edelbrock Performer Dual Plane Intake
Crane Power Max Cam and Lifter kit.
Comp Roller Rockers, Pushrods, studs, and guides.
MSD Ignition ProBillet Distributor.
Crane Valve Springs and Retainers.
Comp Double Roller Timing Chain and Gear Set
Clevite Main Bearings
Keith Black Hypereutectic Flat topped pistons.
Total Seal Pistons rings
Federal Mogul Freeze Plug kit
Painted the underside of the intake white to help keep the heat away. (It might work)
Chrome valve covers from ebay $30...Heck yeah! We painted the bolt flange flat black, with a red pinstripe on it. It looks pretty sweet
Painted Valve covers.
Test fitting the heads and headers on the block.
Painting the block Pontiac Metallic Blue.
Up close shots of the color. MMMMMmmm....
Keith Black high compression pistons and total seal rings installed.
Putting the Comp Cam in. (Don't worry, we did put lube on it, there is nothing on it for the picture.)
Comp double chain timing set installed.
Heads and valve covers test fitted on the block.
Headers test fitted on to the heads.
Everything test fitted on to see how it would look. It's a thing of beauty...
Slight change. We decided that the engine looked too mis-matched so we went ahead an painted the heads to match the rest of the block. It looks much better now!
We also started to button up the heads after we painted them.
If you love anything and everything F-Body check out www.FIREBIRDNATION.com.