Heres some cars I have worked on....
UPDATE!!!!!!Been doing more repairs on the Eclipse. Installed boost gauge, amp switch, fixed overheating problem(stuck thermostat), and got it running better. I installed new oxygen sensors and now its running really good. Next on the list is suspension here in a week or two. Then new exhaust.
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse. My friend bought it off ebay and we went to Maryland to pick it up and found engine pieces everywhere. Motor was bad, this was fun. Motor blew because of a blown head gasket that allowed coolant to burn and an aftermarket turbo slapped on didnt help either. Full motor rebuild and I had to put it all back together when I had no clue how it came apart. Oh yeah the wiring was a nightmare. I spent more time rewiring thigns the rebuilding the motor. Big part was the security system was locked up so it wouldnt turn over, so I had to rip out the entire security system. Underbody kit had to be rewired, oh man Ive got a huge list of things I did, but hey it runs great and hes happy, especially when the blow off valve purges.
RECENT WORK: I just installed new Accel injectors in it and a rising rate Aeromotive fpr. Had fun with it but those damn stainless lines would never get a nice clean cut. Got it together and this regulator actually works! Unlike that POS one that came with the HRC turbo kit, and it runs at like 12:1 so that the stock injectors can be left in the car, but still didnt work and the gauge leaked. Also rethreaded the head for new ARP bolts for the valve cover, looks nice.
shot of the engine. intercooler to come, as with many other items. also the wire looms will be going. kid he bought it off of installed that crap.
the fpr. very tight space. only place to mount the thing and easily read the gauge and adjust. got it to squeeze past the blow off valve.
Motor before I started
Had to disassemble head so it could be cleaned and new stem seals installed.
The new pistons, orginal rods since they were good, pressed and ready to install
Here it is after all was said and done. I forgot to take a picture of the engine before it left
FOCUS ZX3 IS DONE! Its been done for a while but I just havent updated for a long time. It was certified back in August. Ive done a few more things to it and after it gets painted next week, he is going to want to do a full exhaust on it. Cant wait for that.
A 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 S2. For those of you who dont know what an S2 Focus is, well its basically a Euro Focus. Only 3,000 of these were made in America.
Most of front end removed
Up close of passenger side, everything pretty much squashed here.
Here it is back after frame was straighten.
Mocking things up and replacing some engine parts, O2's, wires, plugs, coil, thermostat, egr, and intake of course! I did replace more parts but I was doing those at the time. And I alos painted the engine bay.
Here it is painted.
Interior, no more glass laying around.
Driver shot. that is not an airbag, its a cover to look like its one. instead of paying $600 for airbags or paying $10 to cheaply wrap them, we went with something inbetween and i had to put the ford emblem back on.
Engine needs to be cleaned again. I will also be installing a full exhaust on it, and I have to fix the valve cover leak.
Well if you have read before about the Contour, I now have title in hand for it. It was sitting around so long, that I decided for all my effort, Im not letting it rust away. Yes I still have a few things to get it 100% good.