Thanks for taking a look at the buildup of my 94' XJ. It used to have a 3" ProComp lift installed and I had alot of fun with that setup, but now I wanted to get back into the country without scraping or getting stuck occasionally like I had been. So to get a suspension that would run any tire I wanted too, have more flex, and good highway ride I put together a custom suspension from select parts. As a foundation the Rubicon Express 4.5" springs are excellent and have a ride that is much nicer than the cheap procomp ones. The addition the Rubicon Express front control arm drop brackets and braces allows for the front JKS UCA's and LCA's to be closer to factory angles. The ACOS keeps everything nice and level and is adjustable for load changes on the fly for the XJcreeper's suspension. I finally got rid of the bumpsteer that the ProComp Explorer trackbar bracket gave me with the installation of a Rubicon Express HD Track bar & a Rusty's steering conversion. I also installed a new stock AGR steering gear and a Borgeson steering shaft to keep it tight.
To keep the XJCreeper crawling along a TeraLow 4:1 conversion has been installed in the NP231 transfercase. A pair of Rubicon Express custom driveshafts were then bolted to it. I'm currently running 6.5" of lift on 33" x 10.50" BFG M/T's with no rubbing.
Below are pics with the old ProComp 3" Lift on the left. The old 5" lift is on the right. With adjustable coil-overs changing heights is easy all the way up to 7" if I wanted to run 35's ;)
Current 6" Modifications:
- Rubicon Express HD Track Bar & Bracket
- Rubicon Express Control Arm Drop Bracket & Supports
- Rubicon Express 4.5" Rear Leafs
- Rubicon Express 4.5" Front Coils
- TeraFlex Rear Shackel (1.5" add'l rear lift)
- ORGS ACOS - Adjustable Coil Over Spacer (1.5" add'l front lift)
- Rusty's Steering Conversion
- JKS Adjustable Upper Control Arms
- JKS Adjustable Lower Control Arms
- JKS Quicker Disconnects
- ProComp Steering Stabilizer
- Borgenson Steering Shaft
- "JoshMade" Power Steering Pump & Gear
- Powersteering Cooler
- MileMarker 10,500lb Hydraulic Winch
- OKoffroad Amsteel Blue Synthetic Winch Rope 3/8 in. x 100 ft.
- Custom 4x4 Front Winch Bumper
- Custom 4x4 Rear Bumper & Tire Carrier
- Custom 4x4 Square Tubesteel Rock Rails
- C-ROK Steering Frame Braces
- Mopar OEM 5000LB Rear Reciever Hitch
- Doetsch Front & Rear Shocks
- TeraLow 4:1 231 Transfer Case Conversion
- TeraFlex 2WD Low 231 Kit
- JB Conversion SYE
- Rubicon Express Custom Front & Rear Driveshafts.
- Skid Row Gas Tank Skid Plate
- Rusty's Engine/Transmission, Transfer Case, & Front Skid Plates
The XJcreeper's front coils articulate well and the JKS disco's can let them travel through an 11" range on each side for 22" of total articulation.
The super flexy JKS UCA's and LCA's are adjustable and pivot with the axel as it tilts.
- Rear Locker for Chrysler 8.25" Rear Axle
.-O!!!Real Jeeps are built not bought!!!O-.
Page 1 Wheelin' in the Northern Sierra
Page 2 Wheelin' at The Yuba River
Page 3 - Winchin' at the Yuba River
Page 4 - Wheelin' at Frank Raines
Page 5 - Wheelin' in the Feather River
Page 6 - Wheelin' at Hollister Hills
Page 7 - More Wheelin' at Hollister Hills
Page 8 - Buildup/Specs