The engine is built from a 1989 2.5L common-block bored .05mm over along with a balanced crankshaft, full-floating rods, Mahle pistons, balanced and blueprinted. It has a cross-drilled, ported and polished 287 'Bathtub' head with a '88 TBI roller-camshaft and oversized back-cut stainless valves on stock seats.I finally got the transmission swapped in preparation for the 2010 SDAC Convention in Haggerstown, Maryland from a 1990 (4) clutch A413 with a reverse manual valve body and a 3.23 overall top gear ratio, to a 1990 A523 5-speed from a TI Shadow with a 3.50 final drive. I also installed a resurfaced TII flywheel from a '89 Shelby Daytona with a fresh TII clutch, pressure plate and throw-out bearing.I aquired new shift and crossover cables, along with PolyBushings and modified a shifter-mount I salvaged from a '91 Spirit R/T with a SRT4 shift lever and carefully positioned everything to integrate with the stock L-Body console. Engine speed dropped from 3400 RPM at 65 MPH to 2600, still leaving the engine well into the powerband. Although I was impressed with the 27.5 MPG fuel mileage I squeezed from the original drivetrain, I got an honest 31.7 MPG average during my trip to and from the convention at cruising speeds over 70 MPH. This was right on target for the fuel mileage I'd hoped to get and perhaps even better than expected! The Shelby valve cover and wiring harness was salvaged from GLHS #815 (RIP) complimenting the (1) piece ported and polished intake with 13 injectors and 52mm throttle-body. Engine management is handled by a modified GLHS logic module with socketed eProm and custom calibrations. I also changed the tubing and hoses I'd fabricated and assembled for use with the Dodge Conquest TSI intercooler and K&N cone-style air filter mounted in front of the radiator core support to a factory TII/GLHS airbox setup with a K&N drop-in filter so I could re-install the air conditioning condenser and recharge the system.