So, after spending some time with Audifans.net and Audiforums, and quatcontinuim, I felt ready for it. We went to Pep Boys and got a headliner replacement kit. Upon closer inspection, that fabric might as well have had "Average" written all over it. We returned it - reason : not going to do. So we went to a fabric shop and got a lot more headliner material for half as much, and some lavender and periwinkle untrasuede. Lavender. Aren't you glad my wife's cooler head prevailed ? Anyway, The fabric on the back deck was shot too, so I decided to do it all at once. Rather than a play by play, I'll just show you the images. If you have questions about procedures, leave me a note. The headliner removed from the car. Yes, it will come out without removing the rear window.The headliner, now cleaned of most of the old foam and adhesive. The interior roof of the car, sans headliner. Note the box for the sunroof; the headliner actually goes up in the rear passenger compartment behind this box to give more headroom. Sneaky Germans! The parcel shelf, now devoid of cover. This was a real pain to get out - involving removal of the post holes that the headrests sit in. Ingenious. The newly covered parcel shelf. The pic is darker, but it is the correct color. all other pics have the periwinkle washed out by the camera flash. The shelf back in the car...The reinstallation of a giant headliner. If you ever do this, make sure you have help. Here are the C pillar covers. Not something that really had to be done, but the continuity was a nice touch. Note the rear radio/ defroster splitter. And finally, the finished product, installed, with the sunroof back in. All told, this took about a week, 10 cans of 3M 8088 spray adhesive, and all the patience I could muster. Making sure the fabric goes down smoothly will make you pull your hair out. Which is especially easy, since you will have spray adhesive all over your hands.