Painted the last of the underside of the car
With the help of my assistant, I was able to get all the brake lines hooked-up. All that's left is splicing in the proportioning valve & resid pressure check valve.
Brake lines almost done, tranny x-member in place, shifter installed
IMG 242 L>
Engine compartment coming together
Charger time is getting even more scarce, if that's possible. Hopefully my updates will get more frequent soon. Here's what's happened in the last month...
Pulled the 383 from the Monaco a couple weeks back. The wife took the camera out of town with her, so the only pics I have are afterwards when my assistant helped me pull off the accessories.
'Removed'(aka 'smashed-out') the front windshield. Now I get to try & figure out how to remove all the small shards of glass from inside my cowl vents.
And finally some pics of the charger pushed outside while I cleaned the garage. In 1 you can see both land yachts side-by-side.
Ran into a bit of the problem with the engine. When cleaning it up, I found these chunks in the bottom of the oil pan. Pretty strange since it ran perfectly and the oil light didn't come on other than flickering at startup.
After tearing into the engine, I found the cam bearings were breaking apart. Here's the front bearing, which was completely worn away. I put a drop light in the lifter valley & could see light all the way around it (not in this particular pic, though).
Here's the #3 bearing, visible after taking out the cam.
$132 later and a trip to the machine shop, here's a few shots with the new bearings installed. I was fortunate the machine shop I used was willing to install the bearings with the crank & pistons still in place. From what he told me, the bottom end appears to be in good shape, so hopefully I can get a few thousand miles out of it(& some $$ saved up) before I'm ready to put in a fully rebuilt motor.