After a much anticipated wait, here are the pictures of the headliner install that I promised. Here is a pic of the old headliner, notice the slashing of the cloth right before the dome light. That happened while I was parked at a resturant and left the t-tops off. Not cool.
This is my father holding the new headliner. Notice no precut holes for the dome light, sunvisor mounts, or the seat belt guides... we had to cut them all out using extreme caution and precision to make sure I didnt waste my money on this darn thing. It was time consuming but it was worth it. The headliner and padding came on a very durable and workable plastic mold. Quality.
Here is a pic of where the old headliner used to be and the new one is going. Alright, moving on.
Alright, I am taking too many pictures and not helping my dad enough on MY car. Oh well, he got over it. He is measuring the headliner for the cutting of the seatbelt guides and such. We had to measure, and re measure just to make sure it was as perfect as we could get.
Holes are cut and everything is ready to go in. We are making the final touches right now for the headliner to go on. Once again, my dad doing all the work while I took pictures.
Along with the headliner kit we installed new sail panels and new sunvisors. This is one of the new sail panels. It looks great and not ripped up like the old ones. They are great for covering my rockford 6x9's.
The new headliner in and ready to go. Looks beautiful and 100% better than the old one. I dont know how to get a good picture of a headliner but this is the best I can do.
This is a rear view. Cant see the headliner that well but I tried as hard as I could to get the whole thing in there.
I was reading the instructions... Any way, this is as far as I got on project charlene as of now. Next will be pictures of the paint job I am getting. Thats not happening for a couple of months but bear with me and keep checking back. Thanks again for looking at my car.