2-10-07 Well, here we are a year later. The motor that was in the car popped a head gasket last summer sitting in traffic, of all things, and after a brief inspection I discovered the motor was absolutely toast. Get what you pay for I guess.
So, after a day or two of sulking, I started work on a new motor using a shortblock I had laying around in my garage. Some worked E7 heads and a Steeda #19 cam later, and roughly 7 months sitting on jackstands because I have no free time, the car was back up and running.
She runs strong, much more streetable than the previous combination, averaging 19-20mpg which is impressive in and of itself, and overall I'm pretty happy with it.
This spring break I'm hoping to lay some paint down and take care of the cosmetic issues.
Otherwise, future plans are finish fixing all the little things, probably install some tubular suspension stuffs up front, ditch the Flowmaster's, and go through the sound system so you can actually hear music over the exhaust.
2-4-06: Got the car washed up today, couple pics of it as it sits now. Not real great, but at least you can see the car without those other wheels.
Mods in a nutshell:
-306ci V8 (5.0L bored .030)
-worked stock E7 heads
-Steeda #19 cam
-FRPP Cobra intake
-C&L 73mm MAF
-Accufab 65mm throttlebody
-T5 built to T5Z specs
-FRPP shorty headers, full 2.5" exhaust back with Flowmaster's
-MSD 6Tbox, FRPP wires, yadda yadda yadda
-except for the '99 GT brake conversion with 4 wheel disc, including dual piston PBR's up front
-and the MM cc plates
-and coilover front suspension
-and full length MM subframe connectors
Oh yeah, it's street legal, runs on 87 OCTANE, and passes emissions.
And the A/C blows cold, a must since it's 100 friggin' degrees here 10 months out of the year. Gotta love AZ weather.