Proud owner of a "new" 1979 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta Vin #1S87G9N611165 with 91,395 on it. The plan is to make it into a street cruiser.The original 305 engine and 4 speed Saginaw are gone. We have installed a 350 SBC to for it along with a TH700R4 transmission. We changed the pedals by removing the clutch and brake pedal and installing the wider factory automatic brake pedal.We have the factory build sheet which tell us it came with the following factory options on it: factory rear spoiler, Z28 hood, the original color was 29L blue (in primer now), with powder blue interior, power steering, power disc brakes, tilt wheel, full gauges including factory tach, dual speed delay wipers with windshield washer, drivers side remote mirror.We've put the following new parts in it: 350 (casting #3970010 on the left rear bell housing pad of the engine, K0811CKB on the right front block deck where the cylinder head bolts on and under the alternator) with Q-jet four barrel carb, TH700R4 trans, trans cooler, replaced the alternator, new front calipers, rotors and pads, 2 1/2" professionally built dual exhaust, H pipe, with Dynomax mufflers, & dual catalytic converters, B&M Sport Shifter, 15" Gen III Z28 rims (plus the original Berlinetta 14" honeycomb rims), new battery, two hoods (Z28 original on the car plus an extra hood that I have a cowl induction hood scoop for), new rear suspension that includes the following new parts: leaf springs with new bushings, leaf spring shackles, Lakewood traction bars, front and rear KYB R2 shocks, and the engine bay was cleaned and painted with black POR 15. I installed the 79 Z28 dash and tail light as the originals were very worn.We have the following new parts for it: factory automatic console & shifter, upper and lower grill, inner and outer door window felts, seat belt brackets, all the windshield and rear window trim, two sets of headlight chrome buckets, aftermarket front spoiler, plus many other spare parts.Generally speaking the exterior body is rust free. The only rusted part of the car is the toe plates are rusted from the inside out but I have the new toe plates for it.Everything on the car works except the factory clock (which I've never seen or heard of one working!).It is garage kept and started once a month minimum.09/26/2010 About three weeks ago, I pulled it out of the lean too where it is stored and started sanding and re-primering the Camaro. I'm amazed at how little rust there is on it. I plan on doing a little body work on it each day until it's done. So far I've found a few small dents (door dings) and a couple of what look like golf ball hits in the roof. Other than that, it's in good shape and is going to need very little bondo to fill them. My goal is to get it ready for paint before winter sets in.