With finals next week I didn't really have much time to work on the car. Over the last couple of weeks I have concentrated on getting an idea on what "needs" to be done, and what I'd like to do quickly. 1st, and foremost, I had to fix the lights. First generation Solaras are born with terrible headlights, so bad in fact that they were redesigned in the .5 redesign in 2002. To rectify this I installed HID conversions in both my headlights and fog-lights. For the headlamps I used a dual beam 9003 35w 6k setup, and for the fog-lights I installed the 9006 35w 3k kit. The fog-lights have a nice hew, and the headlamps do a much better job lighting the road in front of me. I also started in on the stereo, as the factory JBL setup, while nice for OE, wasn't close to where I wanted it to be. I ended up being about 8 ft. short on power cable, so the install is stalled while I'm waiting on the wiring to come. I ordered green power wire, to match the green car, so that should be a little different. After finals I'll be getting on with the getting on, so that should be sweet. I believe I should be doing a tune up, and the entire exhaust including the manifolds will be replaced by the end of my 3 week break between spring and summer semesters. I will most likely use the OBX headers, a test pipe, and the Apexi WS system from my old Solara. As the new Solara is saddled with the more restrictive California emissions package, I believe that bang-for-buck this will be the quickest and cheapest way to improve performance. For the tune up it'll be NGK stuff, as I've been using their plugs and wires in all my performance cars since the early nineties.