This should have been my first post, but better late than never. Here is what my project looked like in the beginning.
The Fury has sat for several years, and was not a numbers matching vehicle. So my goal is make this a daily driver with modern upgrades. This is also a project that I am taking on with my three sons.
In true "Roadkill" (favorite internet TV show) fashion, I tried to get the car running/driving well enough to make it 50 miles to my house. I only made it 4 miles before the transmission gave out. I should have just rented a car trailer. Live and learn.
Over winter 2013 I rebuilt the Torqueflite 727. This was the first transmission that I have ever attempted to rebuild. Luckily there is a lot of information out there, and found everything very straight forward. Go Mopar!
Rebuilt and ready to be installed. Luckily the issue was just the bands (kickdown & low/reverse) were worn. Ordered a complete rebuild kit from TCI.
I probably should have cleaned the case a bit more. But I really wanted to make sure it was going to work.
While there were a few issues to be worked, the transmission rebuild was a success. I'm glad I went through this whole process. I have learned so much already. Every time I start the car and put it in drive, I think about this rebuild and how everything works. The fact that this transmission is over 45 years old, is a testament to Mopar engineering.