I've had the car one year. No repairs needed! There was one crazy person who decided they didn't like BMW and put a little scratch on the trunk, possibly using a key.
I did change the oil at 1,426 miles (approx. 2000 km). I did this because some people think a new car should have an oil change after about 1,000 miles in case there are metal shavings in the engine.
1. open the hood (you do not want to drain the oil and then find the hood is stuck). Loosen the oil cap so air can go in while the oil drains.
2. Place car on lift (alternate: use jack stands, never a jack alone)
3. Open rectangular door on the bottom of the car. TOOL: screwdriver. Remove the oil drain plug. It is plastic in a 320i and 328i that is not x-drive. TOOL: 10 mm hex socket wrench or hex key, gloves (4 pairs)
4. Drain oil. Consider wrapping the bottom rectangular door with a small plastic bag. TOOL: small plastic bag, tape.
5. Install new drain plug. Coat the gasket with a little oil. TOOL: new drain plug. Tighten to 8 nm, which is not tight at all. Lower car from lift.
6. Remove oil filter cap using oil filter cap tool, which is also the same one used by Volvos. TOOL: oil filter cap tool (86 mm with 16 flats), socket wrench or whatever fits on this oil filter cap tool.
7. Remove old oil filter, put in new one. Consider replacing the two oil filter cap gaskets. Mann filters come with these gaskets. TOOL: Mann filter HU816x.8. Add 5 quarts of oil, such as Mobil 1 0W-40 European Formula. Check for leaks. TOOL: motor oil.