My name is Nick and this is my 1981 DeLorean. I've had this car for about 10 years and we've been through a lot together. The car is DeLorean VIN 1643, making it a somewhat early car in the DeLorean production, and was built as a black interior automatic. In the last 10 years, quite a lot has happened to the car. The car was purchased after sitting for over a decade on 4 flat tires. Luckily the car was stored in a garage so the elements were unable to reek havoc on it. Still, the car needed a LOT of work. I restored this car back to better than factory condition, original engine and all. I put probably 20,000 miles on the original engine. The car has quite a few upgrades to it, but none is as significant as it's engine.In 2011, I decided to make some changes. I under took a project to put a 5.7L LS1 V8 engine into the car. It took about 4 months of research, 5 months of physical work, and approximately 1000 man hours to complete the project.Since the engine swap I've put about 7,000 miles on the car. The entire project was documented here: http://ls1delorean.blogspot.comIf you'd like more information, please check it out. It is FAR more informative than this page. In the following posts are some build photos.