I spent the next two weeks workin on it when I had free time. I tore the engine down to the short block and cleaned everything. I found some Chevelle #993 heads on Craigslist for $150 that came fully rebuilt. They had new valve seals, 3-angle valve job, several new valves, and Lunati valve springs. I also freshened up the look under the hood with a chrome Edelbrock air cleaner, chrome Edelbrock valve breather, chrome alternator bracket, chrome distributor hold down, chrome t-handle valve cover bolts, and I polished the old chrome valve covers. We finished up under the hood with a new alternator, new belts, and had the carb tuned.