Log In | Join Now
Home > Mazda > Miata MX-5 > 1999 > SaturnOnSteroids's Mazda Miata MX-5
Want to become a Fan?
Login or Register
Login to Message
View the Ride
Forward to a Friend
Updated on May 10, 2012
Meet Harbinger - My newest Miata
Main Entry: har·bin·gerPronunciation: \ˈhär-bən-jər\a : precursor b : one that presages or foreshadows what is to come
Welcome to my 1999 Mazda Miata
A local friend of mine bought the entire drivetrain from my 1995 and was going to put it into this car, but he ended up with an early NA Miata that has an entire Italia conversion kit instead. He decided that my old drivetrain is going into that car and sold this car to me. When I got the car it had a tan soft top, tan/black leather interior, and 17" Enkei wheels. It also had a Jackson Racing M45 supercharger kit (thus the different exhaust system), but that was pulled just prior to my buying the car.Since I've had the car I've added the 6UL wheels, utilized the coilover setup and lowered it, swapped the tan soft top for a black top, installed a pair of NB2 (01-05) tail lights, and I yanked the tan interior in favor of an OEM black interior, plus some other things. At the moment it is unfortunately more show than go, but it does have a very capable suspension setup, which is a good step to take before adding tons of power. The current plan is to swap install a turbo kit based around an MSM turbo, which is good for about 200rwhp. Perfect for a fun daily driver that's also pretty low maintenance. Ultimately I want to do an LSx conversion, so most of the car funds are being saved for that goal. Take a look at my '95 and you'll immediately know this project will be done right the first time.
You can find me as RotorNutFD3S on:www.MX5Atlanta.com www.MiataTurbo.netwww.MazdaRoadster.netwww.ClubRoadster.net www.Miata.net
Work in Progress:Nothing... for the minute.
- Engine Mods:Stock '99 BP4WOBX Header2.5" RoadsterSport MidpipeCobalt Stainless Steel ExhaustDIY Coldside Intake
- Drivetrain and Suspension Mods: Tein Flex Coilover System - 9kg/6kg SpringsFlyin' Miata Front and Rear Sway BarsCobalt 3-Point Shock Tower BraceAdjustable End LinksWilwood 4-Piston 11" Front Brake KitNB Sport Rear Brake Swap w/ EBC Green Stuff PadsStainless Steel Braided Brake LinesStainless Steel Braided Clutch LineHard Dog M2 Hard Core Hard Top Double Diagonal Roll Bar w/ Bolt-In Harness Bar & CoverFlyin' Miata Cannon BraceBeatrush PPF BraceFlyin' Miata Frame Rails
- Interior Mods: Momo Competition 350mm WheelDaikei HubNA SeatsBride Vios III LowMax Sport Seat (For Track Events)Revlimiter Version: FC NB GaugesKG Works Aluminum Instrument PanelDataTool RevlightScanGaugeIIInnovate LC-1 WBo2AutoMeter Cobalt Oil Pressure & Temperature GaugesNeutral Switch BypassD-Technique Center Console Delete KitVooDoo Smooth Piano Black Shift KnobNB2 Window Switch w/ Auto-Down FeatureOEM Black Interior SwapMazdaSpeed Miata Rear View Mirror in Black MicaMazdaSpeed Miata Door SillsMitsubishi Eclipse Vent Swap
- Exterior Mods: HID Bi-Xenon Projector RetrofitGarage Vary Replica Front BumperGarage Vary EyelidsTrack Dog Racing Front SplitterCarbing Front Tow HookRennenMetal Rear Tow HookKG Works Side MarkersSlickAuto APR GT3 Carbon Fiber MirrorsMazdaSpeed Miata Rear SpoilerMazdaSpeed Miata Rear DiffuserIL Motorsports LED 3rd Brake LightMorette Tail LightsOEM Black Soft TopSpoon Fuel LidSharkAttack II AntennaNautilus Air Horn
- Wheels and Tires: 949Racing 15x7.5 +34 6ULs Nickel Finish949Racing Black Anodized Aluminum Lug Nuts205/50/15 Yokohama S-Drives
- Audio Mods: Pioneer AVH-P6600DVD RadioClearwater 8" Door "Subwoofers"Clearwater Door TweetersRockford Fosgate 3.5" Headrest SpeakersSharkAttack II Antenna
Directory:Page 1: You Are HerePage 2: Quick HistoryPage 3: Exterior ChangesPage 4: Interior ChangesPage 5: SuspensionPage 6: Bi-Xenon HID Projector RetrofitPage 7: Under The Hood
In Memory of Justin Jordan Gone, but never forgotten! May 24, 1984 - August 28, 2003 "We Ride Together, We Die Together, Bad Boys For Life!"
Displaying entries 1-6 of 6
FLIP A PLATE
5★ See our LICENSE FLIP HIDE KIT (car/bike) ★★ 007LicensePlate.com
Love this miata, 5*s. love what you have done. I am more focused on handling and then power, but come check out my NB and let me know of anything you would advise. Thanks, definately a great ride you have made
Very familiar...this car looks.lolGlad to see you're off to a good start.
lol Thank ya sir. If flickr wasn't blocked at work I'd have the photos of our cars up.
looks good. nice wheels. check out my car and let me know what you think.
Nice "MIATA" luv the bodykit nice job.Def.5***** for sure.
Show Older Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment
Copyright © 1998-2013
CarDomain Network, Inc (a Source Interlink Media LLC Company). All rights reserved.
Part of the SIM Automotive Digital Network.
No, please link my existing CarDomain.com account with
for quick, secure access.
Forgot your password?
Yes! I would like to create a CarDomain.com account with my