Log In | Join Now
Home > Mazda > MAZDA6 > 2006 > batou079's Mazda MAZDA6
Want to become a Fan?
Login or Register
the state of,
Login to Message
View the Ride
Forward to a Friend
Updated on Jan 22, 2013
[Page 1]: General/Updates/Exterior
Page 2: Interior
Page 3: Engine Bay & Suspension
Page 4: My old cars etc.
2006 Mazda MAZDASPEED 6 GT #508
Black Cherry Mica, 2.3L Turbocharged AWD
MODS so far:
(future plans @ bottom of this page)
- Cobb AP running Stage 1 OTS map (01/17/13)
- MSR 045 Hyper Gray wheels, 18x8 +35 offset 5x114.3 + Eagle GT 225/40 tires (10/2011)
- MAZDA Spin-on Oil Filter Conversion Kit & Royal Purple Oil (3/26/11)
- HTP Turbo Inlet Pipe, powdercoated black (02/05/11)
- E4 Performance polished weighted shift knob (01/29/11)
- Muteki SR35 close-ended lugs, Neo Chrome (11/05/10)
- Powdercoated stock wheels, Black Chrome (11/03/10)
- Denso Iridium ITV20 spark plugs (10/24/10)
- AEM 5"x3" Intake Filter (10/24/10)
- Magnaflow CBE (06/29/10)
- Centric Performance Rotors (06/02/10)
- HAWK HPS brake pads (05/29/10)
- Jbarone SSP (updated install) (05/09/10)
- Flex Innovations Grounding Kit (final version install) (05/09/10)
- Eibach Pro-Spacers 15mm (04/18/10) (stock offset +55mm, now effectively @ +40mm offset)
- NEW TIRES (04/02/10)
- Jbarone Short Shifter Plate (03/13/10)
- Jbarone Shifter Bushings (03/13/10)
- Circuit Sports 250cc Oil Catch Can - topmount (03/13/10)
- Flex Innovations (MS6 Prototype) Grounding Kit (03/06/10)
- MSD DashHawk (01/22/10)
- Mazdaspeed CAI (01/16/10)
- SU TurboSmart BPV (01/13/10)
- Corksport Front Strut Bar & Rear Brace (01/06/10)
- Trunk Cargo Net (12/30/09)
- RPM Street springs (Installed 11/24/09), by Hugh (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2720775) (11/25/09)
- changed foglight bulbs to match HIDs (parking lights, fogs & HIDs are just about matched now) (11/02/09)- full LED bulb conversion, hyper white (domes, doors, license, parking, trunk) (11/02/09)
- gutted stock airbox (11/01/09)
- rear fold-down seat mod (10/13/09)
- CX-7 stubby antenna (10/13/09)
- blacked out badges/emblems (10/11/09)
- RPM smoked side markers (09/11/09)
- 30% global tint (08/14/09)
1/17/13 - Got my tuning solution today, the Cobb AP! Gonna start tunning SMALL, with the OTS stage 1 map. Tested, did pulls, performance logs, and its ridiculous how much different it feels. Smooths out the power curve, pulls longer, harder, actually spinning in 1st gear from a launch now. Crazy. Will definitly need high pressure fuel pump upgrade and intercooler soon. then etune/dyno tune plans! Stay tuned!
12/15/12 - Got a proper/professional headlight reconditioning, they cut deep, repolish, and applied some heavy duty UV treated protectant. No more mismatched, yellow driver side headlight, no more massive pits in passenger side headlight. Crystal clear, and confident it will stay clear for the duration++ of the warrantee (2yr).
12/10/12 - I was reminded of MS6 rarity today when i stumbled back across an old MS6 community project to track all the different production models. List HERE.
(mine is the 6th oldest production model discovered so far @ #508!! woo)
July 2012 - While visiting my cousin, i took some quick shots while in the Golden Gate Park.
6/16/12 - Photo Day! Went back out to Los Angeles, Culver City area and shot some pretty cool locations. My photographer still is processing/editing his, but here are some raw shots that i took that turned out half decent.
6/13/12 - It's been a long time since any updates... i had to save a lot and couldnt work on the car. Only thing i did recently was finally get the busted power steering pump replaced. The housing had cracked due to heat on the track a long while back. Also, been trying to arrange a photo shoot with the new wheels on. I am back on track saving for some car mods, most likely COBB AP first, then i may start to move on some light power mods or back to on track to suspension upgrades (after blowing the Coilover budget 2x already!) Stay Tuned!
10/01/11 - The Curse continues! Latest massive Los Angeles pothole cause two more wheels to bend badly, 2 of which seemed to already have been slightly bent up. The newest damages caused one tire not to hold air anymore... slow leak. I called it quits on these pair of wheels (this is the third time one or some have been bent!) Just purchased new wheels & tires installed today. Will try to take a pic of the new look soon!
5/24/11 - I have hit a wall. Everytime i save up enough for Coilovers something happens that i have to spend it on. The first two times it was accidents, unavoidable damage occuring by no fault of mine, and this latest issue... Pwr Steering Pump is bad, the housing is leaking. Gotta replace. UGH! I hope to get out of this slump soon, i was SUPPOSED to purchase coils in Jan 2011, :(
3/30/11 - BIG MOCC COMBINED CAR MEET. Lots of mixed cars as well, had an impromtu photo OP with a few of the sponsored BMM cars. I know i havent posted much lately. Mostly been doing accident repairs, maintenance, and paying bills. Back to car mods SOON!! The latest is in the list above which was the Spin-on conversion. Here is a sneak peak pic of this latest photo OP...
11/28/10 - took some quick snapshots with my D60 to give a little better idea of wheel color during daytime, turned out pretty good!
11/17/10 - well i still havent had a chance to take a pic of the wheels on the car, LAME i know. but a buddy took a nice pic with his little P&S that turned out pretty good, so consider this the preview!
11/01/10 - Picked my MS6 wheels fresh from the powdercoating. Here's a sneak peak before its on the car (black chrome):
10/24/10 - Maintenance work completed. New Denso Iridium spark plugs installed hopefully will reduce KR. AEM intake filter installed to replaced the old ratty MSCAI filter. Exhaust hangers re-enforced to reduce sagging/movement of exhaust system. And a pinch weld lip that was rattling on exhaust tips, we bent away to prevent dmg and noise... successful install day at ADT & thanks to fast service from BLACK MAMBA MOTORSPORTS!!
10/22/10 - Dropped off my stock wheels with Mike @ Nu Tec Powder Coating of Anaheim, CA!!! Should be ready sometime next week. Impressed with the facility & care they take in with their customers. We spent nearly 1 hr in the "colors room" to figure out what i wanted. He even brought a colored wheel out to my car to hold in place for me to see... LOL!! "Black Chrome" is the choice! Don't worry it isnt a BLACK steelies look. Close, but different to the ISF wheel color, i cant wait to see how it turns out!!
10/15/10 - Updated photo albums of the last couple of events i went to, lastest being Subiefest. http://picasaweb.google.com/clans.only1way
8/31/10 - More from the picture album that the ones below came from: http://picasaweb.google.com/clans.only1way/MS6PhotoOP02#
8/26/10 - A while back, went on a photo OP in downtown Los Angeles with a buddy who took these pics, here are some teasers until the full album is ready!
8/14/10 - MAZFEST 2010!!! HUGE EVENT & HUGE SUCCESS!! So much fun but tiring, i was part of the "planning committee" so i worked most of the day from 6am to 5pm. So happy it went well... Here is an article and bevy of pictures from UrbanRacer.com: http://www.urbanracer.com/articles/anmviewer.asp?a=4487&z=1
- also yanked a pic a friend took of me and 3 fellow club members prepping for a quick track session to unwind a bit from all our hard work! (im the MS6 in the front...)
8/06/10 - Updated pics, some quick shots with my new D60!
6/29/10 - Magnaflow CBE installed! Sound clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sprrIqiX4BA
6/05/10 - Track day sneak peak & the tires i ran on:
6/02/10 - New performance rotors installed, track ready for this coming Saturday!
5/29/10 - New brake pads, broke rotors free, found out OEM rotors are bad. Replaced rear axle seal, all work went flawlessly. Replaced rear diff oil, got engine oil changed.
4/18/10 - Pro-Spacers installed! here are some reference pics, (stock offset +55mm, now effectively @ +40mm offset) before & afters:
4/02/10 - New Tires!! Just recently bought new Hankook Ventus v12 Evos, 225/40/18 for my stock wheels. Next step is recondition & spacers.
3/27/10 - DYNO DAY!!! with MOCC at Church Automotive - will post DynoGraphs soon...
Using 4x Dynapacks getting numbers @ the hub... best pull = 267 awhp @ 305 torque.
3/13/10 - a SICK picture a friend took while i was driving:
3/06/10 - Friends & i, AfterDark Tuning at a friends house... got a few fun pics... a buddy took these pics:
A fellow club member took a sweet moving shot of me in my ride... MOCC SoCal Beach Cruise 2010 1/23/09:
12/15/09 - Here's a better idea of how the lights exterior lights look.
Fogs Only: Fogs & Parking Lights:
Fogs, Parking Lights & Headlights: Tail Lights & License Plate LEDs:
Recently detailed shot taken by Coaststarlight & second pic taken by hostile6:
As of 11-26-09 (spring height comparison pics!):
As of 11-02-09:
Exterior changes highlights... Blacked out badges, RPM smoked sidemarkers, CX-7 antenna:
As of 8-31-09:
PURCHASED AUGUST 10th 2009:
- Tuning solution (COBB AP, Hypertech, Standback, etc)
- HPFP Internals or pump upgrade
- Balance Shaft Delete + Oil Pan Baffle (http://www.jamesbaroneracing.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=198_240_201&products_id=436)
- Fully adjustable Coil Overs (KW v2? Megans?)
- TMIC upgrade (ETS 3.25" core v1/v2)
- Adjustable Camber Ball Joints (SPC)
- Rear Motor Mount upgrade
- Rear Diff brace, full mount upgrade
- Upgraded exhaust hangers (hose clamp solution?)
- Stainless/braided Steel Brake lines
- DSC auto off @ ignition chip (waiting to be installed)
- AWD trip switch (debating on this)
- Upgrade rear corner bracing
- additional undercarrage bracing (perhaps sway as well as ladder bracing)
- 2nd gen Mazda6 Tail Lights
- paint calipers (red, silver or black?)
- Intercooler CO2 spray kit (custom for TMIC, pending power mods)
... more plans as i think of em!
- far far FAR future: exhaust manifold, intake manifold, cat-less downpipe, testpipe, meth/water injection, fmic... & more...
Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 media (saved here for reference purposes):
- MOCC Beach Cruise Jan 2010: http://www.streetfire.net/video/new-years-run-2010_2025175.htm (Great vid by a fellow MOCC club member; my car spotted @ :28, :43, 1:24, 2:35, 3:04, 3:27!!)
- Top Gear video; cost vs value/performance. Clarkson favors the MS6 over the 318i: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbvKv-PofzM / http://www.streetfire.net/top-gear/top-gear-season-8-episode-6-mondeo-vs-mazda-6_742750.htm
- Old 2006 MotorWeek Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3srrc-ZsCP8
- funny Si forum thread - starts by bashing MS6, ends up most response posts defend or at least give props to MS6! http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/dealership-experience/168765-test-drove-mazda-speed-6-a.html
- Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act
Displaying entries 1-4 of 42
Thanks yall, its been a while but i still slowly mod her. :P
Very sleek looking 6! Liking what you have done so far!
good looking 6 man
great lookin speed6 man, great job!
Show Older Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment
Copyright © 1998-2013
CarDomain Network, Inc (a Source Interlink Media LLC Company). All rights reserved.
Part of the SIM Automotive Digital Network.
No, please link my existing CarDomain.com account with
for quick, secure access.
Forgot your password?
Yes! I would like to create a CarDomain.com account with my