Here's a quick page showing one of my ongoing projects, my '93 Geo Tracker.
Here's what the Tracker looked like when I bought it for $1,500 back in September of '02.
Here it is on April 28th of '03.
And here it is on June 6th of '04
A couple of weeks ago (first part of June '05) I got my hands on a 4.3l V6 and a 700R4.
The 4.3 is a "Z" code engine, so there's no balance shaft (unlike the "W" engines). No balance shaft means I'll be able to run a gear drive.
I ordered up a few parts for it:
Edelbrock Performer intake
Edelbrock 500 cfm electric choke carb
MSD 6AL ignition
MSD ProBillet distrubitor
Pete Jackson Gear Drive
I also ordered the 4.3l conversion kit from http://www.suzukiconversion.com
Starting progress in the garage.
Boxes of engine goodies
Intake and carb. I won't be using the air filter in the picture, I'll use a stock type breather and run the intake tract through the snorkel.
Should be fun!
I've made a few mods to the truck since I bought it:
During the first year:
New soft top
3" Calmini Suspension lift
3" Calmini Body lift
ARB Safari Snorkel
Allied 15 x 7 Beadlocks
32 x 9.50 x 15 Super Swampers
I didn't do much to the inside, just added a Sony CD player and some Sony Xplod 6x9s.
The Sony CD player.
Sony Xplod 6x9s in the rear. I have Fosgate 4" speakers in the factory dash locations.
Since the radio was getting mud on it, I bought a radio cover intended for boats.
The radio cover, which will work for either a dual shaft or DIN sized radio. I didn't like the white housing, so I sanded it down and sprayed it black.
Test fitting the cover prior to painting. I had to use a Dremel on part of the dash panel and cut the radio trim plate in half to get the cover to fit. I still need to make a new plate to mount the radio. The previous owner used a cheap Metra kit which was cracked.