It looked quite lonesome sitting in it's nook on the driveway, paint looked flat and unwashed, tires still had deep tread grooves but had some cracking going on from the age. Otherwise, it was the same old Kia that we used to go galavanting in when it was newer, and it was coaxed back to life without much troub le, and ran typically of a car that was left sitting for years... it ran like sh*t. :P The drive home was a bit disheartening, as the steering was clunky and the car wandered, you could feel the engine clunk back and forth every time you hit the accelerator, and a constant humming of the wheel bearing was equally madenning. But, the a/c still worked. *grin* So began a few months of discovering what was wrong with it, and fi xing it. Cash was tight, so it happened in stages. A lot of the work was done by myself. First thing I did when I got home was to start overhauling the brakes which were needing attention badly and i did the bearings at the same time too, then followed by a tune up and oil change and a rub down on the faded paint which revealed a very good layer of paint still there.In the next months came the extensive steering rehabilitiation. I had to sell my mountain bike and Yammy SRX4 to fix up the Kia, but it was well worth it. Almost all the parts were changed save for the rack end, which i ended up getting a used part which still is in use to this day. Springs and shocks were replaced and the engin e supports, which seemed to be the cause of the clunking engine. While I was here, my friend sold me a pair of Hella 450 driving lights for like super cheap! so they went on posthaste.