March 31, 2011Well as anyone that has my FB or read my current update to my project log knows, my car needs some work. Now that the guy who has been renting my mother's apartment is moving out, I will have my garage back and now instead of having to drive to my mom's house where the barn is, I'll be able to do the work at my house. First thing to fix is my front bumper. After my mishap in Carlisle ( :doh: ), the front bumper has needed attention. Well it needs even more attention now. The other day as I was walking into class I looked back at my car as I locked it and I saw something hanging from underneath my bumper. IT WAS MY LIGHT! The fiberglassing that I had done apparently didn't bond to the bumper and the entire thing was just kinda chillin. The only thing that was holding it up was the other side of the bracket. So now I'm prolifically not showing this year at all.Next is the side skirts. They have needed attention since I first got the entire kit. The edges that go over the door lip are as straight as a circle and both sides really need to be lengthened about .25" to make them fit correctly. There are many cracks that need to be assessed on both sides also. I need to figure out a better way to mount the lip that goes inside the door lip other than 3M moulding tape. And my newest idea is to take my A-pillars inside and mold tweeters into them since I have no tweeters. Yes I have a stock location for them, but what is the point of having them if you are going to hide them? Ya get what I'm sayin. I still have to do my research, but I'm thinking of going to GlowShift and getting a universal single pillar pod such as [url="http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Universal-Single-Pillar-Pod.aspx"]this[/url] and modding it to fit the tweeter. Like I said, I still need to do my research, but its a vision and a start. I don't plan on using the ones I have in the car though. I plan on buying spares so I don't screw up the ones I already have. I may also do a double pod too. Not sure yet. Really set on the idea of the tweeters though. I may also do something with my dash inserts. I may go back to "stock" inserts and paint them a silver to match the rest of the interior pieces and have some airbrushing done on them. Not sure quite yet though. Also thinking about wrapping the door inserts with beige Katzkin leather to match the seats and try and bring the interior together. And then the sub box and coverboard has to be rebuilt also. That will require my buddy's help. We have talked and we are planning to do something different than what we did previously. We also plan on anchoring it down that way it doesn't slide around like it did, since we didn't before since we are :tard: s.So hopefully within maybe the next week or so I will have the front bumper off and the stock bumper back on, so I can begin work on the front. I have to replace the inner and outer tie rods so I will take the bumper off when I am doing that stuff. I will keep everyone posted. Please if you have any comments, concerns, or ideas please feel free. You won't hurt my feelings. :wavey:May 26, 2011Repair work on the front bumper is coming along well. The opening is almost completely reformed after starting over from scratch. Next step will be to form the opening to the lens and then use body filler and smooth everything out.June 2, 2011Got the entire light hole filled in and smoothed out. Needs just a little bit of sanding to make it perfect. Next task is to fill in all the rock chips with filler, sand those down, and then reform the brackets that hold the light in.June 19, 2011Well I had some issues with my brakes the other day and I had to order new parts. Ended up ordering new double drilled and slotted Powerstop rotors and Powerstop Evolution ceramic brakes. I will be installing them tomorrow morning. I also ended up having to order spacers for the front wheels. After I installed new cheap pads to get the car back on the road I had issues with the wheels rubbing the calipers so now they need to be spaced out about 10mm. Those spacers will be ordered at the end of the week. Right now I have thick washers behind the wheels. That has to change. I will post pictures of the brakes tomorrow.June 24, 2011Ok, new rotors and pads were installed. Body work on the front bumper is finally complete. Brackets to hold the lights in are now fiberglassed back into place. The last thing I need to do is fix one mounting hole on the bumper and then its onto the next project.