This is my dream car! I love the way it makes me feel. Just to get in her and just cruise makes the everyday problems worth the aggravation that one has to put up with from day to day. Everybody has always told me that it is a beautiful car. I do think she is a little special, but as everything else in life, when u finally have what u have always wanted, the newnest and glimer wears off. I haven't got that far down yet :), but It's not like when I first saw her. That was a special moment and it is for all of us, right?
Well I sunk a little money for the added power that I wanted. I tried to get the biggest bang for the buck, just like we all try to accomplish. I believe that this upgrade will put me between 385 and 410RWHP. The good thing about it is, that all will run well together, not having to worry about busting something loose or even inhalf, just as long as I dont run the slicks, after all it is my everyday car and thats really all I want it to be. So.. I will get the fine tunning that these upgrades will need and get to the Dyno. Can't wait to see the results. Will post as soon as I can, to be sure. Following are the upgrades.
1. Comp Cam 224/224-114
Hardened Chrome Moly Pushrods
Valve Springs and Chims
super locks and retainers
2. FLP Long Tube Headers with Cats and
cats can be removed easily and
replaced with straight pipes.
3. Drivetrain: 4.11 gear package from
Thunder Racing. Includes the TA
Performance Rear Girdle, along with
the Stud Kit.
I have everything ready to install..
The following are the upgrades.
26 Aug. 03
1. FLP Hearders are installed along with the Y-Pipe. Left the cats off and went with the straight pipes. Damn it sounds deep. Thats a good thing :)
This is the starting of the install, while the motor cooled down, (which took about 1hr) we all just went and ate. These two guys are my very knowledgeable friends who give up there Saturday to install my headers. Just a great bunch of guys
The last look of the stock headers
Trying to go in from the top. No dice. Couldn't be that easy.
Just checking things out and getting the tags off them.
The first side done. Goody Goody
A pic of the passenger side
And there they are and a nice job Chad and Bob. As you can see I didn't use the cats. Now the Corsa's really sound good. Oh and by the way, Chad the one you see grinning has a T/A that does 1.47-60 and 10.5 1/4 Awesome I'd say.
And the stock pipes lay on the ground
Goody Goody :)
The upgrade on the cam will be done on the 9th Aug. Will post the pics of that also. Check back for all the pic by pic action.
Cam installation started at 7am on the 9th Aug. Started with two of us and ended up with five. Took 11hrs/45mins.
Four hrs. of that was for the springs.
This was a little ways into the job with Pete(who is also very knowledgeable of the ls1)and Bob who helped me with the headers.
And Bob pulling the Crank pulley off.
Next came the Cam.
This was Chad's department.
this is the stock one being pulled out.
And the new one going in, and we all held our breath. We all talked about not using the magnets and thats the way we went. Another fine job Chad! Nothing fell.
Next Bob started on the springs. Now this is were all the time and work was spent. Well it sure seemed that way. 4hrs. about to change them out.
As time went on, we all was dreading the last two on the passenger side, U know the ones in the back. Yuck!!
But we were saved!
A long came Danial, our little big buddy... Being the smaller of us guys he was able to get the last two a lot easier then we could. So he rolled his sleeve up? and started.
By the time he finished the springs, everything else was back together.
Chad went over(with us) what we had done just to make sure nothing major had been left out.
Right about this time Pete(who had to leave earlier)call and ask if we had rechecked the torque on the arms by turnning the cam... Well No! Some say that it should be done, we didn't think that it was neccassary, But we took off the covers and checked the torque anyway... Torque was still set at 22lbs. So I don't know. I guess it's good just to check. Play it safe!
Started up the car and she recycled, settle down with that nice lope. Was a little louder, but nice
She is running just fine.
Oh and put that 160 stat in also.
ADDED NEW WIRES ALONG WITH THE IRIDIUM V-PUGS.
The 4.11 gear will be put in, within a week.
Gears are installed. Had to get them done 3 times. First guy grinded the ring teeth to fit them in, wrong thing to do. What a idiot. Had to buy a second set of gears, Yuck!! Second guy just couldn't get the noise out. But finally I found a Master at this. Took him 1hr 1/2 to get the job done. Did it all by feel. I might have 1 to 2% noise left that can't even be heard hardly. I beleive he could have done it blind folded.