03/10/2008 - Valve Covers are cleaned and painted.
03/18/2008 - Heads are back and look good. All of the springs and valves are new along with the seats and retainers. Note the double valve springs.
04/28/2008 - Sorry I've been away for awhile. Been busy.
1. The car is at the shop getting the metal work and filler work done.
2. The motor is off to get the lower end rebuilt. Since the heads came back I've completed my parts order and painted the parts that I'm going to reuse. Most of the parts are on the table.
Parts List (Already Purchased):
Engine In Progress:
Flow Kool High Volume Water Pump
Mr. Gasket High Volume Fuel Pump
Sealed Power High Volume Oil Pump
Comp Cams Cam and Lifter Set
Comp Cams Timing Chain
Edelbrock Peformer Carb (600cfm)
Edelbrock Peformer Intake Manifold
Felpro Gasket Set
Accel 8mm Spark Plug Wires
MSD 6AL Ignition Box
MSD Cap and Rotor
MSD Ignition Coil (Blaster 2)
Autolite Platinum Spark Plugs
Federal Mogul Brass Freeze Plugs
Federal Mogul Cam Bearings
2-V Cylinder Head Rebuild
ARP Connecting Rod Bolts
Mr. Gasket Radiator Cap/Gauge
Cardone Alternator - Reman.
AutoLite Starter - Reman.
Edelbrock Air Cleaner
Ford Racing 180 Degree Thermostat
Cardone Power Steering Pump
Speed Pro Forged Piston/Rings
Crank - Balanced & blueprinted
Conncting Rods - Balanced blueprinted
The main bearing caps are now 4 bolt
3. Oil Pan is cleaned and painted.
4. Intake Manifold has been ported and polished. I put it back in the box for safe keeping.
5. Tranny is done. This is an original FMX 3 speed transmission. Tranny has new heavy duty clutch packs, kevlar bands, B & M Shift Kit and 2400 stall.