The day after we brought it home dad started cleaning up the interior while I started cutting and welding. We got most of a new mounting surface/bumper for a XRC8 8K# winch installed, replaced a motor mount, added a CB and roof mount antenna as well as a roof rack to hold the spare tire. I also managed to get the rear bumper attached and both sets of tail lights mounted in it. The previous owner had cut out the rear floor to clear larger tires and we took the time to add large tubs in the back to keep the mud and crud out.It didn't take long to decide to buy some crawler gears. We called up Lowrange Offroad and ordered 6.5:1 Transfer case gears by Trail Gear. I believe that is probably the best modification possible, It made it drivable.2 Days after the gears we went to Gulches. We had a ball!