7th January 2008
The Charger's been put on blocks (three wheels have anyway). Just bought a crashpad off eBay, and will probably take some wheels down to get new tyres.
3rd January 2008
Well, I decided to get off my arse and clean out the Charger today. I pulled the front seats out and gave the floorpan a serious clean. Dirt, grass, cigarette packs, chook feathers, nuts and bolts, mouse shit, even old newspapers were on the floor with a fair bit of grease thrown in. I got most of it out and finally figured out how to open the left door after realising what the lock was for!
So here's a picture of the somewhat cleaner interior.
It's really only the floor that needs a new carpet, and the doors, as well as a new dash/steering wheel/radio. Plus a new back seat. The roof trim and the side trim behind the doors are as fine as they could be apart from needing a general clean.
29th December 2007
This is the front grille, or what should be the front grille. I am currently sourcing parts to get it back to what it should look like, although I hope that I will one day be able to put R/T driving lights on it. Believe me when I say those R/T driving lights are worth a LOT.
Anyway, I have just bought some miscellaneous parts including front indicators, a front wiring loom, door handles and other bits and pieces. I will post some more pictures of these parts soon. My priority for now is to get the Charger roadworthy. As you can imagine, it needs a lot done. Luckily, my shed is almost clean, so I will soon have a work area of sorts.
I am also sourcing a front bumper bar and should have it soon.
Here is one of the new chrome tailights parts I have bought (I think the photo is upside down).
So far, I'm cleaning out my shed so I can get the Charger in it. Then I'll take it apart, and tackle each sub-assembly individually. There's some rust around, but nothing too serious, just a matter of cutting the rust out and welding new panels in. I'll post updates as often as I can, probably every week at least.
26th December 2007
Here you can see the empty engine bay, one day to be filled by either 265 or 360 cubic inches of Mopar metal! I don't really want a 318 but if I have to I will.
It originally came with a Hemi 265 and a three on the tree Torqueflite automatic . At some point, someone converted it to a four on the floor type arrangement. It doesn't currently have a transmission, but I'm looking out for some heavy duty transmission to drop in there.
Side shot. I'll probably have this resprayed Vitamin C orange after I strip the old paint off, and some R/T decals will also be applied.
The rear view. Note the absence of the boot lid.
Close-up shot of the boot. All the grease in the bottom needs to be cleaned out.
The interior. It looks worse than it really is. Just needs a clean out and a complete retrim plus a new dash. I'll probably retrim it white with black highlights or something.
The backseats. The front passenger seat has somehow ended up here.
Alrite, so that concludes the first lot of photos! Thanks for looking, and come back soon!