Here's the adapter kit from Wilcap Co. It looks like a well made adapter, but it wont work with TTI headers. They moved the starter location down a little more than an inch. That would have been fine except, the engineers at TTI used that space between the starter and the steering linkage for a tube. A smart person would probably just give up at this point, reinstall the 727 and sell the kit, but I just can't stand it. I bolted the adapter plate to the 727 to find the original location of the starter, then I bolted it to the 700r4. It looks like just a little grinding should give me the clearance that I need. I have access to a milling machine so I can find the location of the starter bolt holes correctly, and mill the starter hole.
The other problem is the cross-member . The torsion bars connect to it, so when I cut it I will have to reinforce it. The best measurements I have made so far are telling me that everything from the inner cross-member bolts up must go. I drilled the holes for the starter and milled the opening. I was expecting to have to grind for clearance on the trans, but it bolts right up. I guess the starter location was moved for clearance on a different trans. I cut the cross-member and bolted the 700r4 in. I need to make some clearance at the servo and the case hits the cross-member on the passenger side. I'm going to cut the cross-member off more, to make it possible to get the governor out, but I left it for a guide until I weld in more support. Here is my home made frame connectors. I made them from 2x3x1/8 mild steel. They are cut on the ends to slip over the rear sub frame, and the plate on the front is to weld to the same cross-member that I cut. Also pictured is a bracket for the trans detent and throttle cable. I had a little fun with the cnc milling machine on it. I got the frame connectors welded in, made a transmission cross-member, and made a shifter mount. The shifter mount is welded to the frame piece that I cut to make room for the trans. It should be a lot stronger than it was. The shift cable is hooked up too. All that I have left to do is the cooler lines, running some wires, and cutting the drive-shaft.