This is where it all started. I wanted to supercharge my car with a roots type blower. No one makes a kit so I started on a 10 month project. The starting point was will it fit. I had a good guess that it would so on with the manifold.
I hacked up a stock manifold, had some things welded up, and had a test fit prototype ready. All done with 1/4" aluminum plate.
There was no room for the injectors up top anymore so under they went. So far so good. It fit in the car with some help. On my donor engine I found out the fuel rail would interfere with the alternator, so a bracket was made to move it out a bit. It fits! I cut the pieces to box in the plenum, some ribs to strengthen the S/C flang, a couple fuel rail mounts, and some fittings.After it was all welded up I powdercoated the manifold.
This is the custom fuel rail. Moving it to the bottom was a fun task.
Next I started on the t-body. As I said it came with the blower on the supercharged engine GM uses. It has a 70mm plate in it, flows alot of air for a 4 cyldr. I cleaned it up, had a new piece welded to the throttle linkage to adapt it to the Saturn throttle cable. An elbow was needed to make it fit, so I ordered a piece of mandrel bent aluminum pipe. This was cut down to size. I cut out some flanges and had them and a fitting welded on to the pipe.This was eventually powdercoated as well. An idler pulley was needed to wrap the belt around the custom pulley that drives the S/C. The S/C pulley diameter was a complete guess (luckily it worked perfectly)The idler pulley is a stock Saturn idler pulley for the tensioner. My machinist turned the spindle and welded it to the front bracket/brace.The bracket is 1/4" steel, also finished with powdercoat. Last was some bracing for under the manifold to engine. This was a brief overview of what went on to accomplish this project. Its the little things that make a project take 9-10 months, but well worth it!