this is a slow low buck buildup from parts that for the most part have been saved for years waiting for a project like this i also wanted to make some more room in my shop without throwing parts away, i started with a 1/2 ton 70's chevy truck frame, the frame was stripped painted black and the 6 inch procomp lift installed new leaves front and rear.38.5x15x15 boggers were next on steel wheels, i had most of the parts for a 350 already so i went from there on the motor the transmission is a gm sm465 out of a 2wd truck that is connected to a divorced dodge np205 transfer case these all put power to a corperate 14 rear and dana 44 front ( i desperately need a dana 60 for this and my jeep project)if you have a problem with my build or just want to talk crap keep it to yourself if you like the build or have questions feel free to email thanks for looking please look at my other project pages.this is the truck before i brought it to my shop it was to be sent to the scrap yard in a week so i had no problem saving an old rust free truck
I used the shortbed off of another 53 it fit the chevy frame better and was in amazing shape minimal bodywork will be required for paint
it is bored .040 over 11.1 compression 2.02/1.6 valves summit heads, fully studed block, comp cam, edelbrock intake 600 cfm carb, aluminum rollar rockers, high rise aluminum valve covers, 7 qt pan,headers hei,dual electric fans 3 core chevy truck radiator the motor was topped off with the original truck color (actually darker than appears in picture)i will add pictures as progress is made
this is the interior as it arrived the left portion of the dash was crudly removed for a stereo that has since been cut out and the toggle switch panel is to be placed there the bench seat removed and made room for 2 new bucket seats. the next for the inside is a full rollcage, summit wiring harness and pioneer head unit all waiting installation
the 38.5 inch boggers next to my little sister they are huge tires
this is the body simply placed on the frame i need to make all new body mounts that is not the fun part
this is with the new 350 installed and the hood on for placement the grille is going to need some trimming to look right
the original grille was way too wide for the frontend after i decided not to use the dodge front fenders. i decided to narrow the grille by removing approximately 26inches from the center section of the grille.
here is the grille prior to me hacking it to pieces.
this is the grille after the unwanted sections were cut out. thisisthe scary part of this kind of project.
this is the grille spotwelded together without the center piece or top molded in.
this is a picture of the top portion of the grille remolded to fit the dodge emblem and the center section.
all it needs now is to be grinded and then alittle bodywork before primer.
this is a picture of the new reclinable racing seats roughed into place.
this is where the truck stands as of a few weeks ago. buit seat mounts out of 1/2 inch square tubing. a new clutch is on order as of tonight, then the trans and tcase can be installed.
parts that are waiting installation are rear disc brakes rollcage new wiring front to back, pioneer head unit and mids,air tank winch and many many other parts i have been saving parts for a build like this for many years it may look a bit rough now but if that bothers you go somewhere else