New Pics (2/9/05)
These are all the future modifications i am planning on doing, or currently thinking about. Please send me your comments/opinions on my ideas, or send me new ideas for future modifications.
My basic theme for the car is going to be red with chrome.
- I decided to go with some different fog lights. The ones I want to get have a red glow ring around them. Ive emailed JC Whitney about them and the you cant turn the glow rings off. Not sure if I will get these or other ones.
- The next big thing I'm going to purchase for the car is some nice chrome rims and tires. I will get these when I get them.
- I already sanded down my wiper blade arms and repainted them with a flexible black paint. I will also purchae some new wiper blades. I've found some awsome ones that have chrome arms and red colored blades. I will get these soon.
- I need to purchase a new center console piece and install it because a buddy of mine busted one of the hinges off of my current one.
- I will get some custom gauges made for my car through speedhut.com. I'm getting red glo ones of course. I already have a chrome bezel to put over the gauge cluster.
- I also will be putting in 3 matching 2 inch gagues from speedhut. I will be putting these in a pillar pod that goes on the left hand side of the dash.
- I already changed my knobs to clear and i just have to put some red LED lights behind them.
- I will make a cutout of the Chevy bowtie, and put it over my third brakelight.
- I would like to either put in red velvet on my dash, or paint my dash area and components red. But I need more information on how both of these are done. Please send me everything you have on doing this, it would greatly help.
- I would like to replace all of my Monte Carlo emblems/decals on the car with chrome ones. Also any stickers I got for the car I would get in chrome, or in red, I havent figured out which would look better yet. Alternatively I would replace the side emblems with my own emblem (Regulator). I would make this myself and paint it a chrome color.
- I finally found matching seat covers, and steering wheel cover, plus it comes with some seat belt shoulder covers. I have been looking for something that matches my floor mats for an entire year. I've already bought and installed everything.
- I would like to either install some chrome door sill pieces, or paint my existing ones. If I painted my existing ones, I would paint it red with a white chevy bowtie in the middle.
- I already installed some new hyper white bulbs in my car.
- I will purchase some smoked headlight covers for my front headlights.
- I will strip all the emblems off the back, and ventshade the back end, and taillights. Then I will purchase a Chevy bowtie off of a 2000 Monte and this chrome flame emblem off of ebay that goes over the top of the bowtie. This will be the only emblem on the back end.
- Eventually I will purchase a complete exhaust system with a switch. I will put some indiglo chrome covers for my tips. Until then I've purchased some angle cut chrome exhaust tips.
- I will purchase either plain chrome license plate covers, or the chrome Monte Carlo ones.
- I have already purchased custom plates for my car.
- I will replace my red bulbs with L.E.D.s for my dome light, and maybe my map lights
- I have already ventshaded my corner lenses rather than going for clear ones. They look much better ventshaded.
- I was thinking about putting some red lights inside the wheel area. Currently I have those red flashers.
- I am going to install an under body lighting kit. It will be red of course. I'm going to get the Redline ones that go to the sound of your music or engine sound.
- They finally made the automatic versions of the pedals that I wanted. I already ordered them and they are awsome.
- I will purchase the Grill thats made for the Monte Carlo and install that.
- I will purchase the ground effects kit, and have somebody else install that and paint it.
- I would like to purchase a small police scanner/scrambler. I would like to fit it into the slot to the left of the steering wheel. If I did this I would make a small door for it. This way I could conceal it when I needed to.
- I dont know if I would do this yet, but I could replace all my black trim, with chrome trim. I dont know if I will do this, because it is probably really expensive and time consuming. Plus it would look to much like an LS if I did this.
- I have not yet decided whether or not I want to put in a dash kit. If I did it would be chrome though.
- I found the decal that I want for my car. It's the exact same decal used on the 2002 Jeff Gordon edition Monte Carlo. It starts at the front of the hood and goes all the way back and down the sides to the front doors. They blend in with the car really well so they dont look rice or anything like that. Heres the biggest picture I could find of it. The decal is a clearish gray color, so you can use it on any color car you want.
- I dont know if I will purchase some flow vent pieces for the hood. Just for looks. Preferably a cowl induction hood.
- I want to put in an LCD screen in. Either in place of my sun visors, my rear-view mirror, or in my CD/Tape holder section.
- If I dont put in an LCD screen then I will custom make a plate and will put all my switches in the cd/tape holder area.
- I will put in two 12 inch subs, possibly new 6x9's, a new deck, and all the wiring and amps, etc. to go with them. I would make my own box covered red velvet and with round red music lights.
- I was thinking about installing a new more custom antena. If I did it would be either one of these two.
- I will install a car alarm, and remote start eventually. Prefirably the nice Viper one with the LCD screen of your car on it.
- I will purchase and install a chrome, or maybe a combination of chrome/red shifter.
Here is a picture of the shifter I want except for this one has an aluminum finish. They dont make one with a chrome finish yet.
- I would like to throw in some better intake. I dont know yet what kind I should get. I'll probably end up going with K&N.
- I havent decided on whether or not I will purchase some new springs/shocks. If I do it will be Eibach springs and the KYB shocks.
- I will paint my brake calipers red. I may have to buy some newer/nicer calipers before I do this though.
-I will install front and rear drilled slotted roters.
- I would like to paint some engine parts red, and get some chrome covers and possibly some red braided wiring. Let me know what I should do here, I need all the ideas I can get.
*Note: Most things I purchase for the exterior in chrome may actually have to be stainless steel so they dont rust. It has the same look with less maintenance.