3/16/10 Operation: CANAHONDA is in full swing. For those of you who don't know what that is, basically it's my cover name for my project. CANAHONDA can be a question as in "CANAHONDA do this??", but mostly it's a statement to say that when my car is done, Honda's everywhere will be getting canned by what most people refer to as a slow drab K-car. And it won't just be Hondas getting eaten for lunch, but a variety of other makes and models too. I won't lay out the details of my plans because I don't want the competition to know what's coming, but I will say that when finished, Cristina will be the only Dodge Spirit of her kind in the world, and trust me, you wouldn't even think of insulting another k-car again. You can view page 3 for a hint of things to come. That is all I will say about the future. As for the present, I will post pictures of the teardown as soon as I get them. I have yet to remove the transmission, wiring harness, heater core, body panels, and gas tank. By then I should only have a rolling chassis so I can start repairing all the rust on her. Ohio winters are tough on any car, so I need floorpans and rockers as shown in the pics. True, it would be easier and cheaper to buy a rust free car, but there is no fun in that not to forget that Cristina is my first car and I have alot of sentimental value with her. After that is done, then I can proceed with the buildup starting with fresh paint.5/1/10 Picture update. I was finally able to snap a few pics of the project yesterday. I plan to post pics periodically to mark progress. None of the pics I took yesterday are classified, but I do plan to withhold classified pics until project completion. It's been 11 months since I started Operation: CANAHONDA, but all in all I've only completed 2 months work. The reason for the hang up is partly because I was working on the car on base and the government beaureaucrats at the automotive hobby shop were giving me a hard time. It was hard to even bring a can of WD-40 into the shop because it was "flammable and environmentally dangerous" so I had to jump through alot of holes there just to get anything done. Also had to push the car in and out after each work session. Let me tell you pushing a 3000lbs non-running car across 25 yds of gravel on a slight incline is not something you want to do by yourself, but most days I had no help with getting it in the shop. That also complicated matters because it required the car to sit outside in the elements after I took the engine out not to mention I couldn't remove the driveaxles due to not being able to set the car on the ground again. After that was all said and done, I found a mechanic in the church I attend here who was willing to yield me some garage space. Better yet, he has a body shop too. But even though I don't have the beaureacratic headaches now, the car is about 40 miles from base and I only get to work on it on Saturdays due to the 45 minute drive over the mountain and my work schedule. All in all, I am proud to say that I am almost complete with Stage 1 of the project which is complete and total teardown. The unibody is going on a rotisserie, probably after I move the project back home to Ohio because I'm leaving here soon. That means anything that is not metal frame has to come off, right down to the last bolt. After that is done, then Stage 2 commences which is rust repair. After that, I will be gathering the neccesary components for Stage 3 which is currently classified. And finally is Stage 4 which is reassembly into the final product. After that, the only thing left is to find some Hondas to prey upon. Meanwhile here are the pics from Stage 1.