With 3 gallons of power purple, 4 cans of engine degreaser, tons of rags, and metal brushes, I started to rip the engine apart.
The engine to begin with. Cover in crap and needs a small shovel to get most of it off.
I took off the valve cover to a displeasing surprise. There was oil in it that had the viscosity of glass and a massive amount of water a corrosion. A little purple power took car of most of it, however I'm going to continue to scrub her down.
Dropped the valve covers in Purple Power and then a good scrub down, and the ceramic coating came right off, and they gleam. I'll probably have them sent off to be powder coated.
One of the Stromberg Carbs came off easily, the other however was incredibly annoying to get off. It took a massive dose of degreaser and WD-40 to get the nuts loose.
The manifold; much, much cleaner.
The Stromberg carb, cleaned and ready to be rebuilt