okay, here is my project solid axle swap(sas). since this is my daily driver, i will be doing everything i can before i actually have to cut the undercarriage up and install the solid axle. i am using a jeep wagoneer d44 with manual lockout hubs and driver sider pumpkin. i believe it's from a 1980.
here's the axle the way i got it
since bleeder screws often break, i decided to see if i could loosen them and they broke. so i went and got remanufactured calipers, an astonishing$30 for both! here is the axle slightly cleaned up, leaf springs off with the new calipers.cleaned a lot more with the steering linkage taken off
here are some pics of the leaf springs and plates and what i used to paint them with. it's a POR gloss black paint. my new wheels 15x10 97 series soft 8"here are some pics of the tires mounted on the rims, the rims on the axle with the new chrome dome lug nuts! haha it has 35x12.50x15" BFGoodrich A/T's with the 15x10 rock crawler rimsi started making the leaf spring mount bracketsthe tie rod endsthe axle under the truck with the tie rod ends ready to be made into a drag link.front mount welded onfirst gen explorer steering box custom mountedfirst gen steering shafthere's the draglinkstanding tall on 35's. no shocks yet.
okay, no shackle flex. When i tried to redrill it, it just went flat. Screw it, time for coils!
here's the front half of a 1978 ford bronco.
after 6 hours of grinding, cutting, cussing, yelling, and wrenching, i got this
here's after some sandblasting
painted and on
5% tinted, 12k hid's and coils