THE ENGINE: 225cu in (originally 145 hp, now aroung 230hp) I rebuilt the engine last winter using a hot rod magazine article entitled "Slant Sickness"and a Hanes manual. The crank has been balanced and polished, new main bearings, head shaved .100", complete new external hardware kit from MMS & Accessories, Inc.. Clifford Performance provided the torquemonster cam, oversized valves, heavy duty springs with clips and retainers, lifters and pushrods, hyperpack intake and dual 3 into 1 ceramic coat headers and valve cover. Summit Racing provided the Lokar cable throttle and kickdown linkages(instead of the old pushrod bellcrank system), billet gas pedal and edelbrock 500cfm 4 bbl carb , The exhaust is custom made 2 1/2" with crossover under the forward frame and two cherry bombs (when I fire it up, it sounds like a cross between a Jaguar and a small block). This setup draws crowds at carshows (its a great ego booster). I eventually changed that to two flowmasters (easier on the ears and the cops). Larry at Cliffords was great and provided me with valuable information that helped me through my first major rebuild. Mancini Racing and Summit's turnaround time for parts were super fast (usually the following week). The underhood clearance issue was solved with a new drop base 14" aircleaner from summit . I still have to put in a dual mastercylinder for the brakes and make special mounts for the washer bottle as the hyperpack setup takes quite a bit of room.