This is the start of my 06/07 winter project. It will be a blown '34 ford with a custom frame. Here's the body when I bought it for $1300.00.
When it's done, it will look like this one.
I am having the frame made at The Rod Shop. This is the current progress. It has stainless suspension.
The frame will be pro streeted to fit 15"x 15" Weld wheels on the back and 15"x 7" on the front.
It's been a couple months and the frame and motor showed up. Here's the mock up process. The floor and firewall are made and the steel framework is being fabricated and welded in. The frame has been painted and assembled.
We used a buddy's spray booth to paint the body.
Now she's back home to start the wiring. June '07 on the road.
Time to make the interior pieces.
First we insulated the trunk. We decided to save some money and used standard 8 lb. carpet pad for the job. Then we cut some basic panels out of scrap cover sheet material and held it in place with tape.
For the trunk, we decided to make a one-piece, drop-in liner rather than make several individual panels. After watching "Pimp My Ride," we decided to try the polar fleece and resin trick.
After the fleece dried and the edges were trimmed, the sub-woofer enclosures were made using the same process with polar fleece stretched over a frame and a 2" piece of urethane foam was fiberglassed into the front wall with cutouts for the amplifier and battery. We thought long and hard about colors, textures and shapes when building a liner and decided to smooth it out and paint it the color of the car. Here it is with some body filler on it. More to come. Stay tuned. Kick panels, lower dash valance and a two-piece filler panel that hides underdash wiring are all made and trimmed. I'll photograph and update this build as soon as I get them all in place.