Update: 5/29/09 Today I finally installed the exhaust. All the details will end up on page 3 when I have time to type it all out. For the sake of the project log I'm doing here, I'm making this entry... Some of the information will be duplicates, but I figure the exhaust conversion was nearly as in depth as the engine conversion, so it's worthy of it's own page. This is a lengthy update, but please remember this is several days worth of updates crammed into one entry. Over the last month and a half I've been getting all the parts together to hang the dual exhaust under the car. I was able to locate the hangers on the www.corral.net classifieds. The brake lines on the 8.8" rear axle are different from the stock 7.5" rear axle, the difference is necessary to move the rubber brake line far enough way from the exhaust pipes to keep heat from damaging the line. In reality, the brake line for the rear brakes is different all the way from the front of the car to the back. My car already had an 8.8" rear axle that I swapped from the 86 Turbocoupe donor car, however, the TC originally should have had a 7.5" rear. As the story from the previous owner goes, there was a c-clip failure, and an axle came out of the housing. They resolved the problem by swapping in the 8.8. When I swapped the axle, the lines were identical to my stock 7.5" brake lines, but now it's apparent, that the lines from the TC's stock 7.5" rear were swapped onto the 8.8" rear during that previous swap. So, I had an 8.8" rear, with 7.5" brake lines that positioned the rubber hose right next to the new passengers side tail pipe. Also, the brake line hanger for the 7.5" rear end, just happens to bolt up to the same holes as the passengers side muffler hanger. Ok, so if you've been following this far, you know that the brake lines on my 8.8" probably aren't in the best spot for a dual exhaust. So, you'll understand when I say that I located and purchased replacement 8.8" brake lines, and the appropriate 8.8" dual exhaust brake line hanger, and the matching hose, and banjo bolt. The lines and hanger came from the classifieds at www.foureyedpride.com. The new rubber hose came from the local Autozone, as it was several dollars cheaper then their competitors. Finally the 3/8 - 24 banjo bolt came from NAPA. Actually I had to drive to the next town to get one, but since it wasn't available anywhere else, it was worth the trouble. As it worked out, I ended up leaving the brake lines alone for the time being. The clearance is close, but should be sufficient for a few days, and I'll come back to this later when I've had a chance to order the new hardline from the front of the car to the hanger at the axle.On the 23rd, I drove over to Wilson, KS again, to visit with Shannon at Stinger Performance. I bartered into a 3" downpipe and a dual exhaust mid-pipe. Shortly after returning home I started installing the new cat-back and Stinger parts. This lead to a week long crusade of visiting with every exhaust shop in town, and a few autoparts stores to acquire the parts and services necessary to mate the two aftermarket systems together. Fortunately, my local Midas was able to form the ball flanges onto the Stinger Y-pipe, however they didn't have the 2-bolt flanges in stock. I located a part number on the NAPA website, and verified the details on www.summitracing.com that they were correct for a 5.0 Mustang. The local Advance Auto was able to order the flanges and had them in stock the next day. It took another 3 trips back to Midas having pipes cut, expanded, etc. Finally today I had the last cut and expansion done, and got it all bolted in place. Pictures of the old exhaust, new exhaust, side by side comparisons, as well as before and after videos with sound clips are on page 6. The difference between the two is very obvious. Beyond the cosmetic improvement, the Flowmaster/Stinger exhaust sounds very different. It's louder, but not obnoxious. It definitely sounds unique. I almost expected import thunder, but thankfully it doesn't sound like the usual fart cannons. I was also worried about the dreaded Flowmaster drone at cruising speeds, but if there's a drone I can't hear it with the windows down. It almost sorta sounds like a V8 at idle. With the old exhaust complete with 'kitty' I could hear the air rushing into the air filter, and the compressor side of the turbocharger making a lot of noise. And of course the heat shield on the converter made this really annoying ringing noise. Now I can hear the exhaust side of the turbo as the turbine spools up and slows down. The exhaust is louder, but all the noise comes from behind the car. All around the performance is better. Boost comes on sooner, and the engine runs much better and spins to higher RPM faster then it used to. It'll take a bit of time to get used to the louder pipes, but all told, I'm happy with it.