The car was built to be my weekend autocrosser, so that is what I did. This was the first trial run with the SCCA at Beaver Run. I had a great time and the car ran pretty well!
Until all of the oil was gone and I spun a bearing. Doh! I guess I have to actually watch the oil guage now that I have one. No idiot lights for me! (which is bad, since I'm an idiot.)
I tried and tried to repair the bearing, but the connecting rod was nice and oval. So, out came the engine and in went a new short block. I cleaned and replaced everything I could (new oil and water pumps, new belts and hoses, new gaskets) and cleaned everything up a bit.
After a few months of work, she is back on the road again and ready for the fall autocross season. I added Eibach coils and Tokico inserts while she was down, plus a K&N cold-air intake.