Tools needed for this DIY are soldering iron, white LEDs, fine grade sandpaper,can spray paint (silver)and all the essential toolings.
1. To start off, you will need to dismantle the air cond control panel. Pull the three knobs outward (as shown in photos below).
2. After removing the three knobs, you need to remove two philip head screws holding the fascia. Below are the photos shown with the fascia removed.
3. Replaced the wedge type amber bulbs with the white LEDs (the LEDs are soldered onto PCB to act as the wedge). Below are the photos of the comparison.
4. Finally, it's done.....
5. Next up is to spray paint all the black panels (air cond fascia, control panel fascia and the headunit panel). You will need to sand the panels before painting. How many layers of paint shall depend on your preferences. Below are the photos of the panels waiting to be fully dried before installing back.
6. While awaiting for the panels to be dried, it's time to work on the headunit. Remove the PCB to expose the lightings which consist of 6 pieces of bulbs and 14 pieces of amber LEDs (refer to the following photo).
7. Desolder all the bulbs and amber LEDs. Replace them with white LEDs (make sure to check the LEDs first before soldering them to the PCB). After soldering all the white LEDs, change the ve resistor. Below are the photos of the final result and parts replaced.
8. Fixing back the PCB to the headunit panel is the reversal process and finally, testing out the effect.....before fixing back all the panels.
9. The following photos are the air cond panel being fully assembled with the headunit and added insulation at the air cond duct.
10. Testing again to make sure everything is OK before re-attaching the control panel.
11. Below are the final steps of all the panels being re-assembled and walaa.....done.....after a hard day's work.
12. Night view.....