This is how it all begins. The lift was a gating item that determined the beginning of the project. It was "free" except for the $500.00 worth of new cylinders. The silver Miata is being replaced by the BRG.
Before starting the V8 conversion, I studied the info on the Miata.net conversions forum. I decided early on to modify the front subframe for maximum exhaust clearance. Before cutting anything, I measured the "twist" of the bare srock subframe.
Stock subframe. As measured at the right side steering rack mount. .102" twist with 50 lbs on end of 10 ft. pipe.
Then, somewhat later, the same measurement on the modified subframe.
Modified subframe. As measured at the right side steering rack mount. .043" twist with 50 lbs on end of 10 ft pipe.