I removed the package tray, and this is what it looks like behind seats with the tray removed. Here is all the B-Pillar trim pieces, and what the B-Pillar looks like with the trim removed. Back wall trim piece, very thin and no sound dampening, and the back wall with no sound deadening at all. I drilled out the spot welds and removed the center seat shoulder belt mounting bracket. That left bare metal but a flat surface to work with. I painted over the bare metal. Next I taped over the vents and spent two hours deciding if I could seal them off. I opened and closed the doors for two hours straight. I decided the vents were going away and then I made some patch panels. The outside was painted red.
The patch panels are in. They will be covered in sound dampening and completely covered when all is done.
I started in on the dash to see what wires were there. The worked on the wiring harness and it is now ready for the change over. I also mocked up the faceplate and head unit and fitted everything to the way I like. Then everything was removed and the stock put back in place. The head unit, bezel, and wiring harness is now ready for the final install. I tore into the doors and made some adapter plates. I will be replacing the 6x9 factory speakers with 6.5" midbass woofers in the doors. The adapter plates were made out of high density 1/4" thick MDF. I then painted the adapter plates flat black and checked to see what they looked like installed. Then they were taken out and the stock speakers were put back in. The door speakers are now ready to be installed when the time comes. From the factory the roof had two pieces of mat thrown on them. I matted the entire thing using Rammatt and B-Quiet. Then I covered the whole thing with Ensolite and put the headliner back in. I matted the entire floor board and back wall with multiple layers. A layer of Ensolite covered the floor. All the stock wiring was kept above the sound dampening. Then I started laying out the sound system wiring. I loomed the wires, cut a relief in the factory carpet, and reinstalled the carpet. The B-pillars were a pain and I put a lot of sound dampening inside them and then covered them in Ensolite. I concentrated the majority of the door matting on the inside. Then I reinstalled the vapor barrier. The door panels were given some matting and Ensolite. The enclosures for the subs are going together. The box was put together using glue, biscuts, screws and nails. After sealing the enclosures with caulking, I coated the ensides with fiberglass resin for a complete air tight seal. The kick panels have been started and the subs mounted in the box. The box was painted flat black while I adjust and tune the system. It will be covered later. After the speakers were mounted and positioned I removed the speakers and started cutting the pods out. I wrapped the pods in fleese and then saturated them in resin. After the resin dried I started the first sanding. After smoothing everything out I covered the pods in fabric.