Some History: The truck stared it's life as a farm truck used to haul a tri-axle fifth wheel cattle trailer. The truck was originally brown, with the standard steel wheels and "dog dish" style hubcaps. The original engine was a 360 but didn't take to kindly to pulling that cattle trailer and blew a rod; that's when it was rebuilt to the specifications that it is now. The engine has alot of miles on it but still runs very stong and I pull an 18' flatbed of my own now with it.The Process: When I got the truck it had sat for nearly 2 years not running. The floor was gone on both driver and passenger sides and one cab mount on the drivers side rusted out. Getting the truck running was the first step, if the engine was no good the project was going to be scraped. Luckaly compression on all cylenders was very good and took very little to make it run. To make it run well however included rebuilding the carb, cleaning out the heat riser and EGR port on the intake manifold, replacing the heat riser valve and replacing the fuel pump as it was dumping fuel into the base, and draining the old fuel from the tank. Since then of course I have replaced just about everything on the engine including water pump, heater hoses and rad hoses, alternator, voltage regulator, electric choke, of course plugs wires that usual stuff.After replacing the floor it was painted with 3 coats of gloss black tremclad. All brake lines and fuel lines have been replaced, e-brake cables, even seat belts as seat belt anchors were almost rusted off. I drove the truck brown and looking quite badly for 2 summers. summer of 2003 I just made it completely safe and working well. summer of 2004 it got the lift kit and tires and wheels, and a cheap temporary stereo. March of 2005 I started the major overhaul to the body and interior.
the truck a week or so after I towed it home, still no floor in it and alot of work to do to make it road worthy, not to mention get rid of those hub caps, lol.