I've had this car since 1984, painted it in 85, got married in 86. From 1986 to 2004, it sat in my garage gathering dust until I finally pulled it out and got it running again. Then the fever hit. I didn't like the way it drove or handled. So, I decided to go through the whole car and update it with all the conveniences I am used to in my everyday car. So, it gets power steering, power brakes, power windows, tilt wheel, etc., etc. Plus, rework the motor, 4 wheel discs, 3.73 posi, lower the car, put in an air ride suspension, nice stereo. Every time I think about it, the list gets longer.Index: Page 1 - The beginning, Aug 2004 - Dec 2005 Page 2 - Taking it apart, Jan 2006 - Mar 2006 Page 3 - Taking it apart, Apr 2006 - May 2006 Page 4 - Prepping for paint, June 2006 - July 2006 Page 5 - Painting the undercarriage, Aug 2006 - Sept 2006Page 6 - Assembly - Jan 2007 - presentMy current problem is replacing the floor pan, which I discovered had issues when I pulled the carpet to replace it (Completed on Apr 2, 2006!). Here it is just after I pulled it from the garage in August 2004:
The engine compartment:
I put the cowl induction hood on it when I painted it. I had a friend who worked in the parts department at a local chevy dealer and he got the hood, both quarters and one of the door skins (passenger side):
In the process of getting it running again:
October 2004. On the road again! New 17" ZR-1 style rims and 235/45R17 tires all around. It sits so high due to air shocks and big block front springs: December 2005. Finally moved the car to another location so I had the room and the equipment to work on it. It had spent a couple months in my brothers garage and I didn't get much done. I'll be pulling the entire front subframe off with the drivetrain still mounted to prepare the car for a new floor pan (one piece). Eek! Look at that rust! Feb 4, 2006 - The front subframe and differential (with leaf springs) are out of the car! One of the guys in the garage (Todd) did most of the work on the rear end in exchange for the old leaf springs. The subframe rolled right away and I only had to cut one bolt. The differential on the other hand needed 4 cuts.