5/8/2010Finished the conversion from stock 4-lug to 5-lugs. I need to bleed the brakes and check clearances, but otherwise it is done and I'm happy with it. Took me about 3 weekends with the machine shop, weather and honey-do's.First, I had a heck of a time getting the old drums off. I finally got the adjuster wheel turned enough to get the passenger side off. The driver's side had to be cut off with a air grinder and cutoff wheel. New brake pads and hardware kit put everything back in order.I took a little different route and went to the Yukon catalog looking for axles that required the least machining (so I thought). I ordered them based on bearing diameter, brake hub diameter and length. I believe they are the early 65-66 Mustang axles. A local machine shop turned down the retainer plate area to 1.72" to use the MII retainers, and when I picked them up he said it looked like the distance from the flange to the bearing was shorter than my stock axle he took measurements from. Sure enough, when I got home and checked, the bearing is about 3/8" closer to the flange. I fixed this by grinding the OD of a bearing retaining collar to 1.72" and pressing it on before the bearing. Then I pressed the bearing and another (unground) collar on as normal. This put the axle flange where it needs to be to prevent the brake drum from rubbing the backing plate. If I had the early backing plates, I could have used the early Mustang drums that are narrower, but larger diameter.My other issue was the brake drum hub was too small the center the Ranger drums. I believe it was 2.42". I had to make a 3/8" wide sleeve to center the drum on the hub. I tack welded it to the hub to keep it in place. After pressing in new wheel studs, cutting the new axles to the correct length on my chop saw, and chamfering the ends on the belt sander, everything went together smoothly.The front was a bit less uneventful. Drilled and slotted Granada rotors, big GM metric calipers, and bracket kit from Gearhead. I learned a bit of trivia on inner bearings here. The cars with 6.75" rears have different size inner front wheel bearings (ask me how I found out). I have absolutely no idea why Ford needed to do that one. A couple of hours of checking parts stores and finally a helpful counter man at O'Reilly's found some new front hoses that would work. I'll post the part numbers when I get home. I did have to do a little grinding on the driver's spindle where the inside of the disc was rubbing. Took off about 1/16" and it works fine now. I still need to check the lower control arm clearances and may need some more grinding there.For new wheels, I have polished 15 x 7 Torq Thrust II's. I'm thinking of painting the center spokes gray or bead blasting the spokes, but decided to wait a bit. Tires are Falken ZE-329 205/60R-15 on front and 225/60R-15 on the rear.Overall, I'm happy with it. The issues encountered were minor and not too hard to resolve. If I had to do it over, I'd go with the Granada rear axles.