Starting the fullwidth swap, my winter project
For the front, a '79 F150 dana 44 with 5.13s, Yukon 4340s and a hardend Richmond lockright
For the rear, an '88 F150 8.8 with 5.13s, Yukon axles, and a Richmond lockright
Took a few final pictures of the stock axles before taking it in the garage for the teardown.
Starting the half ton chevy spring swap
You can see the length differences between the b2 spring pack and the '88 - '99 chevey springs.
The front spring hanger needs to be moved forwards about 6 inches. This interferes with the body mount bracket so the two have to be integrated.
Making sure the spring will be level when the mounts are in place.
A 2" lift shackle is needed to level out the spring pack and it will add alot more flex.
Moving the rear hanger back 3" to extend the wheelbase and help make more space for the body mount in the front.
Working on the 4" extended shackles, I used the chevy 1/2 tons for the base, they are much beefier than the stock b2's.
with the shackles on
Here is the combo body mount bracket and front spring hanger I made by combining the two stock brackets. It seems to fit well and I feel it is as strong as the two were originally.
Springs and shackles at ride height
Rear disks and locker done!!!
Maiden voyage out of the garage so I can clean the floor in between axles.