well...murphey struck again. Sounds like a spun rod bearing in the ol 302 soooo it has been pulled. One thing always leads to another right? Since the engine is out I decided to repaint the engine compartment, since Im going to repaint the engine compartment I may as well repaint the whole truck so it all looks good. Since I have to repaint the whole truck I have to replace all the rusted sheetmetal. I find myself deep in another project now. I have to fix this thing up so I can sell it since I purchased a fourth vehicle.
I found out that the engine I thought was a 327 is actually a chevy 302, Its a 283 block and crank with 4" pistons. I am putting in vortec heads right now to realize more of the potential of this engine.
I decided the burb looked a little out of proportion stock and wondered how it would look chopped and sectioned so I tried it on the computer and I think it came out pretty nice.
1966 Suburban with a 302 and a th350 three speed automatic. It has a tilt steering column, a power seat, disc brakes up front, lowering spindles and springs, HEI ignition and a custom ram air setup. It will eventually be air bagged, with a notched frame to get that oh so perfect stance.
As it sits now it has Z71 wheels with tires I had so the sidewalls are the wrong profile, and Tinted windows.
Here are pictures of when I first got the suburban
Unfortunately when I picked it up after trading a friend a motorcycle for it in San Diego it spent most of the time with the hood up