I rebuilt the motor, rebuilt the carb, new clutch slave, new brake pads, new wheels and Rims, replaced the original muffler with a cherry bomb, replaced oil pressure switch, replaced temp gauge sensor, replaced speedo cable, replaced speedo head. The speedo head was a pain, and had to be salvaged from a 210.
Now according to manufactures specs, the A14 engine came with a whopping 63horses at 5600 rpm(As listed here
Nissan/Datsun N10/310/Cherry Specs).
I added approx. 15hp to my car by stuffing a metal rod through the catalytic converter (was pretty much hollow anyways), and replacing the muffler with a 2 1/2" diameter cherry bomb.
I have a set of old school ENKEI 13" streeters all the way around with some Falken 185/60R13s on the back, and Federal 175/60R13s on the front.
I also put rubber blocks in the rear springs (which by the way, I have independant suspension all the way around) to raise the rear until I get some air shocks for it. The front shocks could be replaced, but do the job without complaint.
The most awesome part about this car I think, is the fact that those little windows on the side of the car behind the driver/passenger doors, roll all the way down. Something I have never seen before on windows that small.
One tell tale way of knowing that it belonged to my dad, is because it has a trailer hitch. Of which you can see in the pictures I have.
Im leaving it there, so if anyone decides they want to eat Datsun for lunch, they can eat my trailer hitch instead.
Total cost of repairs:
Carb rebuild kit: 20
Clutch Slave: 30
Brake Pads: 20
Wheels Rims: 120
Cherry Bomb: 30
Oil Pressure Switch: 20
Temp Gauge Sensor: 20
Speedo Cable: 45
Speedo Head: 15
Total: $440 in parts only!
Repainted Interior Next Page