On November 13, 2007 I drove my turboed R/T to Extreme Motorsports in Maryland where we work for six hours tuning the car. After about 20 dyno pulls we stoped with 263whp. The tuner seemed happy with that number but not me. This car was 3 years in the making, $30,000 in add-on to only make 263whp. I was a little upset but then again happy the car was drivable.
Driving the car home was a blast. Hearing the TiAl bov while I shifted sounded like music. Then I started having issues with the clutch not engaging to the point when I can to a stop I had to shut of the car, put it in 1st, turn on the car and drive off. The closer I got home the worse the problem got. As I was pulling into the drive the car finially quit on me and I hadd to push it the rest of the way home.
A week later I start tearing the car apart. I pull the intake manifold off to see the starter just hanging there. I had lost one of the bolts on the way home I guess. As I was unbolting it the rest of the way off, part of the bed plate can off with it. This was the problem. The bed plate cracked, the started jamped the flex plate which inturn seperated the trans from the block.
After 3 years and only getting to drive the car once under boost in those 3 years to only have it break again I quit. I have washed my hands of this car being turboed.
On February 11, 2008 I purchased a 2005 Black SRT-4 and could'nt be happier. I now have other plans for the R/T but thats for another time.............