Log In | Join Now
Home > Nissan > 300ZX > 1988 > turbo_z31's Nissan 300ZX
Want to become a Fan?
Login or Register
Login to Message
View the Ride
Forward to a Friend
Updated on May 04, 2012
This is my 1988 300ZX turbo.
This is a mint condition 1988 z31. The car has absolutley no rust and the interior is still perfect. Other then some small scratches this original paint job is perfect.
For all of u that know nothing about the z31's heres some info. Its a 3.0L rear drive V6. 2.5 inch exhaust with a high flow muffler.the non turbo is estimated at 160hp and the turbo is 220. It has the full options, digital dash, AM/FM/tape, AC, etc. its a 4 speed auto but also available with the 5 spd manual. Thats all u have to know.
I was given the car but had some minor problems with it:
1) The turbines in the turbo were all rusted out. Don't ask how that happened cause there is no rust on the car. I removed the turbo and put a stock exhaust and intake manifold. I removed the intake cover to one that has no "Turbo 3000" on it instead it just says "3000".
2) The left rear caliper was seased. Nothing major just $100 for an OEM part from Nissan and installed it myself.
3) Crack on the left exhaust manifold. This was the non turbo manifold i replaced. I paid $100 to get it welded.
4) The left rear light had a broken seal and allowed water to seep through into the trunk and wheel wells. Took me a bit to figure out it was the seal. Took me two minutes to put some liquid silicon around it and seal it up. The major problem was the rust in the trunk and wheel wells. I drained some rust remover and let it soak. Then i whiped some used oil on the metal to prevent any rust from occuring again.
5) The last and most aggravating problem was getting it to pass emissions. I spent lots of money trying to find the problem that caused it to fail three times. In the end, it was the air induction valve which was a $60 valve in it that had no seal.
Here are some pictures of the car:
A picture of the gravel burnout i did for fun.
Not the greatest burnout u have seen in ur life. But considering its an auto and non-turbo car that weighs a million pounds, hey its not to bad.
Digital Dash interior with my awsome tape adapter for mp3 players.
My $130 stainless steel cheap muffler. Its built for one purpose and one purpose only, to have no baffles and offer a constant flow of exhaust. No high pitched rice sound coming out of my car!
Close up of the muffler
My car face to face with my friends 1980 Impala. Thats a BIG car!
Click here to see his car
Displaying entries 1-4 of 4
nice ride 5****************
Sweet z dude
Nice Z !
Hey man thats a nice car. it would be awesome to get a burnout pic with more smoke. I like the pic with my Impala in it!
Show Older Comments
You must be logged in to post a comment
Copyright © 1998-2013
CarDomain Network, Inc (a Source Interlink Media LLC Company). All rights reserved.
Part of the SIM Automotive Digital Network.
No, please link my existing CarDomain.com account with
for quick, secure access.
Forgot your password?
Yes! I would like to create a CarDomain.com account with my