I've added a few more mods since my last update in May. I've been busy building my house, so the truck has taken the back burner, but I did manage to get the painted fender flares installed and I had 4.56 gears installed in the front and rear. This made the truck so much more responsive and faster.
Here are a few pictures of the truck after the fender flares were installed. Also shown is a picture of the house I've been working on. It is 3 stories with a full basement, all exterior walls are concrete and I buried a 500 gallon fuel tank for the truck to mix a higher octane gas by using our premium and tossing in a couple of drums of 101 octane unleaded racing fuel. It is 6,000 square feet, and I hope to have it done by late March, early April. I have been working on it since April of '06.
Here's the history
When I first saw the new Mark LT's, I wanted to have one. Also, I saw those new Roush F-150's and wanted one of them as well. Since I'm a red truck man, and the LT didn't come in bright red, I decided to pick up a F-150 FX4 Supercrew and convert it over to both a Lincoln Mark LT and a Roush. So here is my one of a kind bright red Lincoln Mark LT Roush edition.
On the 10th of March, I installed a whipple supercharger on the truck. In early May, I drove to Fresno from Vegas twice to have Whipple upgrade the supercharger to pump 10 pounds of boost and tune the truck. At 99 Degrees, we hit 427 Rear Wheel Horsepower and 474 ft/lbs of torque. At cooler temps we are running 450/500 and higher. The truck is amazingly fast for being over 5500 pounds on the curb. I have also painted the mirrors, purchased and painted lariat fender flares and had the chin spoiler and grille insert repainted. I don't plan on putting these on for a while since I'm building our home and the truck is constantly dirty. Once the house is built and I have a garage to work in, the truck will stay clean and I can begin modding the interior.
The mods are as follows:
- Whipple Twin Screw Intercooled Supercharger (10psi)
- Cobra 39lb injectors
- Autolite HT0 Spark Plugs
- 95mm MAF from a Cobra
- Roush Off Road Style Exhaust with Dual Rear Exit
- 4.56 Arctic Gears
- Diablo Tuner for gear changes, air/fuel and shifting adjustments
- Several hours of Custom Dyno tuning right from the Whipple Industries Dyno in Fresno, Ca.
- Boost, Voltage and Tranny temp carbon fiber gauges in a pod that replaces the stock ashtray.
- Roush Front Chin Spoiler and Grille Insert
- Roush Hood Scoop
- Roush Lowered Suspension/Handling Package (2/3 drop)
- Roush Floor Mats
- Painted Mirrors
- Painted Fender Flares
- Lincoln Chrome Mark LT Fender Emblems
- Lincoln Mark LT Front Grille
- Lincoln Mark LT Door and Tailgate Handles
- Lincoln Mark LT Rear Taillights
- Lincoln Mark LT Rear Tailgate reflectors
- Lincoln Mark LT Rear Tailgate Panel
- 22" VCT Scarface Rims with Pirelli 305/40/22 Scorpion Tires
- Snugtop Tonneau Cover
- Street Scene Windshield Wiper Cowl
- 15% smoked lumar tint on front windows and brow to match rear windows
- Pioneer Head Unit with XM Direct Radio
- Rockford Fosgate and Pioneer speakers in the door
- (lots more to come when I have garage space to work in.)
- Cobra Radar Detector
More to come in the near future. I plan to re-upholster the headliner with black suede. Wet Okole Seat Covers with black borders and a red center will be installed as well. I plan to beef up the sound with a pair of 10" or 12" woofers under the rear seats, and possibly do some custom painting in the interior.
Now for the pics...
Snug Top Tonneau Cover and Dual Roush Exhaust:
On the way home to Alaska. We drove the truck from Las Vegas back to Alaska in August.
Overlooking Lake Mead:
Chrome Lincoln Mark LT Emblems:
The air intake sucks air between the inner and outer fender, also the fluidyne heat exchanger helps more cold air flow through the blower. Awesome set up for air flow!
I hope you like my Roush Mark LT. I know it is not the true Lincoln, but all it lacks is the leather interior, chrome rocker panels and chrome bumpers, all of which I don't want anyways. Lincoln must of taken notes from my site, they now offer both a monochromatic paint package and a red LT! Luckily it is not the same color as my red LT.
MORE PICTURES ON PAGE 2