The original engine was a 305 with lotsa miles. In 2003, I built a 350 that is currently in the car.
-350 (1979) 4-bolt main .030 over (355 ci)
-speed pro hypereutectic pistons
-Comp Cams XE268 hydraulic flat tappet camshaft
-Flowtech shortie headers
-3" I-pipe w/ dual flowmaster 1-chamber mufflers
-L98 iron heads (valve bowls blended)
-factory intake base has been reinstalled since I built the engine
-24# LT1 fuel injectors
-soon after installing the engine, I made a custom set of MSD spark plug wires.
In 1986, Chevrolet did not offer the 350 in the camaro, so I had to find a way to get the computer (ECM) to accomodate the new 350. I decided on a prominator. It allows anyone to hook a laptop up the the ECM and upload a custom engine program. Currently I am running a 1989 350 TPI program with some minor modifications...
-injector flow set to 24#, VATS disabled (no VATS in 1986), coolant fan on/off temps lowered
Speed Pro H345NP .030 over pistons
Fel-Pro one-piece oil pan gasket
Hand ported L98 iron heads, screw-in studs
Four bolt main caps
Moroso wire looms
Early in 2005, I swapped the engine accessories from the multiple v-belt system to a full serpentine system. I kept throwing the power steering belt and got tired of the hassle of v-belts, so I bought the accessories, brackets, and ac hoses off a newer TPI camaro, and did the swap. It wasn't cheap, but I have been very happy with the ease and reliability of the serpentine setup.